Persuasion (1 Viewer)

dogswhiskers

Free Member
Jul 29, 2010
Funster No
Hi, I'm new to this, in fact not there yet! I'm trying to persuade my OH that a motor home is what we want. Any ideas how I should do this? We are retired and restricted to short breaks as we can't take the garden and animals away with us. To me a motor home is the answer, no need to plan and book ahead, try telling him that?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Mhomes very mobile, hop in and go,freedom, can't take the garden but many take small pets with them, I even take the wife :winky:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi, I'm new to this, in fact not there yet! I'm trying to persuade my OH that a motor home is what we want. Any ideas how I should do this? We are retired and restricted to short breaks as we can't take the garden and animals away with us. To me a motor home is the answer, no need to plan and book ahead, try telling him that?

I am sure more knowledgeable folk will be along in a min to advise you but.....

Why cant you take the animals with you LOL There are all sort of animals travelling in the uk in m/h's , recently at Wrenbury meet we had a sunday morn walk, 22 dogs and 1 macaw no probs, also back at the site there were at least 2 cats ... now the garden is a diff matter.... good neighbours or just dont plant so much as i have done this year

Once he has tried it there will be more trips to follow..... perhaps you could hire a m/h for a w/e to sample?

Good luck changing his mind !

John n Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
easy.....get him to have a browse around this fantastic fun forum.

It'll give him some idea of the enormous fun and adventures we all have in our motorhomes.:thumb:

failing that just bend his ear at every opportunity :shout:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Just bring him down to us, what with your persuasion and our sales lads, your on a winner!

Peter

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
easy.....get him to have a browse around this fantastic fun forum.

It'll give him some idea of the enormous fun and adventures we all have in our motorhomes.:thumb:

failing that just bend his ear at every opportunity :shout:

Definitely agree with about bending his ear pappajohn :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
noooooo dont bend ear

plant the seed just like in a garden and help it flourish gently water liberally (alcohol) then a few days later casually say oh yes remember saying we could go and look at some motorhomes the other night well shall we just go and look, and i know you just said it to please me, but can we

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
noooooo dont bend ear

plant the seed just like in a garden and help it flourish gently water liberally (alcohol) then a few days later casually say oh yes remember saying we could go and look at some motorhomes the other night well shall we just go and look, and i know you just said it to please me, but can we

Maggie, That's devious! :roflmto::roflmto:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Buy one for yourself, and don't forget to wave goodbye.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
no joy , i always plant a seed and leave it to sprout with bill then eventually he thinks its his idea, and i go along with it - simples

mind sometimes it takes some time for it to come to fruitition

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Rent a motorhome for a period seems like a good solution, or you could take him for a drive around the countryside and "coincidentally" pass a motorhome dealer :Smile:

Rasmus

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
noooooo dont bend ear

Yes Devious but good plan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
why do you need the ok to buy it?

i would just go and buy it, mind you that was 2 mrs andrews's ago:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back