Am I paranoid... (1 Viewer)

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
I've been looking at a dealers website with interest in one particular MH, I called them a couple of days ago to get basic details then emailed them a number of questions yesterday as the ad for the van said "new arrival -please call for details"

so far so good, I havent had a response as yet...but....on further surfing every single used van they have says the same " new arrival - please call for details " surely they can't all have arrived last week ?

It's like they dont want to commit to anything in writing
Or am I just being paranoid ?:Eeek:

they're all out to get me you know, I hear voices everywhere.. :roflmto:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Maybe its just a case of they havent changed their web site, that seems to be a common problem with dealers, mh dealers or not.

All of the vehicles that they have in will have been a new arrival at some time and the web site never gets changed.

Judge the dealer and the mh your interested in on your own experience.

DONT PANICK

Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Stick with paranoid.

Believe the worst and hopefully you get a pleasant surprise.

This forum is full of broken dreams caused by rogue dealers.

Remember YOU are boss. You pay any money under your terms. You don't pay in full until the are 100% SURE the van is as you want it. Do not fall for "we are waiting for parts, we'll call when they arrive and you can bring it back".

If they don't like it you can be sure they are about to shaft you.

We did this at Discovery, got treated like royalty, everything we asked was done and a perfect handover. Possibly because I made a check list and gave them a copy and said "this is what we expect".

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Motoberg

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
even if I've had a conversation with a dealer, I like to get confirmation about the questions I've asked in writing, I know of people who've agreed verbally that certain things would be done or carried out and the dealer 'doesnt remember' that part of the conversation :Sad:

admitted car dealers not MH dealers but why should I expect anything different

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

MH dealers have a ten times better chance of ruining your life. The cab/habitation warranty split and the huge number of things that can go wrong in a "house".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
even if I've had a conversation with a dealer, I like to get confirmation about the questions I've asked in writing, I know of people who've agreed verbally that certain things would be done or carried out and the dealer 'doesnt remember' that part of the conversation :Sad:

I have to agree with you on that one.

Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
You could maybe tell us who the dealer is then anyone who has experience of them might be able to help. For instance, our local dealer is Knowepark caravans in Livingston. Their website always has that new arrival thing going on but I know from experience that they are really excellent dealers who look after their customers well.
Hope that helps.
Mags

Upvote 0

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I've been looking at a dealers website with interest in one particular MH, I called them a couple of days ago to get basic details then emailed them a number of questions yesterday as the ad for the van said "new arrival -please call for details"

so far so good, I havent had a response as yet...but....on further surfing every single used van they have says the same " new arrival - please call for details " surely they can't all have arrived last week ?

That's not paranoia, its inner self telling you not to believe a word of it. a moments haste and a lifetime of regret.

Doug...

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Remember nothing in the English language that is said cannot be written :thumb:
Get it in writing
I have just called in at the upholsterers and a lady there had been in saying that she did not order this and wanted that :Eeek: The upholsterer produced his notes from the order and she has got exactly what she ordered :thumb:Now the big question is will she pay for it :Eeek: or even pay a little extra for him to alter it all :thumb::ROFLMAO: who knows I will find out tomorrow :ROFLMAO:
terry

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am paranoid !

Why have a website if its not up to date, my lot get their backsides well and truly kicked if anything is missing!

Replying to emails can sometimes be a problem as they can dissapear up their own backside in cyber space sometimes.

Peter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Motoberg

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
after a mere 8 days I get an email response saying its sold
just proves they got it and it didnt dissapear into the ether

customer service at its best....:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Veideo meliora, proboque's deteriora seqquora

video meliroa, proboque's deteriora sequora = I see the better things, I follow the worse.

Trust a dealer, that is like saying trust a lawyer (hell what am I saying!!) change that to car dealer or estate agent. Motor Home dealers fit in somewhere at the top of those not to trust. Check, check and re check and get it in writing. Do not pay for it until you collect it. HPI check it yourself (that way you get the real history of it). Glossy showrooms mean nothing, look at some food joints.... If it is to posh you are paying for it (added in to the buying price).

New in? yea... just a case we do not actually have it yet or we are trying to buy it in. Or here is another mug we can sell him a motor home... get him through the doors.

Good luck in your hunt for the dream.. it is out there somewhere.

Bob:Blush:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back