Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
The sorry saga continues - the customer in Scotland has had an independant survey report done which was damming in all respects, she is faced with £14K worth of extra work needed which is much more than she can afford. (Some of that to make the gas system safe!!!)

I can't post a copy of the report here since Race Passion have threatened the firm that carried it out with legal action if it appears on any public forum.

Nice eh ?

racepassion

Free Member
Jun 25, 2010
Funster No
Racepassion

The sorry saga continues - the customer in Scotland has had an independant survey report done which was damming in all respects, she is faced with £14K worth of extra work needed which is much more than she can afford. (Some of that to make the gas system safe!!!)

I can't post a copy of the report here since Race Passion have threatened the firm that carried it out with legal action if it appears on any public forum.

Nice eh ?

The reason this lady cant post the report is becouse when question the gentleman who did the report did a massive U -Turn and has told Mrs Morton that she cannot put it on any website hence why it is off her blog!!!
Mrs Morton littery told the gentleman what she wanted in the report, you are right there is some bad press on these forums about ourselves and supposed to be associated companies of mine.... one being ICE MX & MX Graphics of whom I have never been a partner or director of any the companies mentioned I simply worked for them and did as I was told simple!!!
One question I would say is this as it has been mentioned on many forums, why would a client pay for a vehicle that they were not happy with....
Well here is one for you..... Mrs Morton never wanted to pay for the simple reason when they collected the truck on the Friday her husband who I must say deserves a medal and is a genuine guy handed me a personal cheque for £6k, which was post dated for the following Monday... call me old fashioned but would anyone let a truck go that the client was happy with let it travel over 500 miles to the top of Scotland on the promise that the cheque would clear on the Monday ...... I don't think so!!!
Thank you for taking the time in reading this thread please visit our website where there are pictures of this conversion under the banner Red Iveco in our conversions section.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Fine, you have a right to reply in a democracy, but is it true that the van was delivered with 5 stud wheels on the rear and 4 stud wheels on the front, and right up to the time it left the Post Office fleet it had four stud wheels all round. So for some reason it had a rear axle swap. That reason might have been because the original axle was U/s and that's why the PO put it in the auction, but I would still expect the customer to be aware of this prior to the conversion going ahead.

Let me add that I've never seen the van, and I've never met Mrs. Morton, we only 'know' each other through our love of dogs on a different forum, but it does seem odd that she now has to carry two spare wheels around on the van, also many of the close up photos don't look good to me, on your web site the photos are all long shots.

Finally why accept the request to do an 'independant' report and then change your mind, that just makes the signature on the report a joke. The motorhome industry does not need such people it's making a joke out of all the genuine traders.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
RacePassion you were busted on another forum Link Removed

pretending to be a customer:ROFLMAO:

racepassion

Free Member
Jun 25, 2010
Funster No

Nice eh ?

We did not threaten the company that did the report at all, we mearly pointed out a few facts and flaws that was in his report, we then got the full story why this report was done, and it was him that suggested the the report or rather his costings were completly fictional and was what Mrs Morton had had him to write under the pretense that it was for insurance purposes, we have tried to resolve this case but the vendor wont speak with us, seeing as you have such an opinion can I put it to all forum members what should we do??

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
We did not threaten the company that did the report at all, we mearly pointed out a few facts and flaws that was in his report, we then got the full story why this report was done, and it was him that suggested the the report or rather his costings were completly fictional and was what Mrs Morton had had him to write under the pretense that it was for insurance purposes, we have tried to resolve this case but the vendor wont speak with us, seeing as you have such an opinion can I put it to all forum members what should we do??

Obvious I would have thought.............:Angry:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
can I put it to all forum members what should we do??

rectify all the faults as reported by the independent inspector to the buyers satisfaction ..

and supply a van that doesn't need two different spare wheels .. simple

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
One point that confuses me slightly about this sorry tale is the bit about the wheels. It is claimed that the two wheel types have five and four studs respectively but to the best of my knowledge Iveco use either five stud wheels or six stud wheels:Sad:. So where did the four stud wheels come from? I have looked at the photos on Race Passion's website and the front wheels appear to have five studs while the rear's have a definite six studs. one has to wonder at the wisdom of going to a converter so far away when there are plenty of small bespoke converters closer to home.

D.

lmorton

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Funster No
Hello

My name is Elizabeth Morton, i am more than happy to answer any questions forum members may have regarding my dealings with Race Passion in the hope it helps someone else, for legal reasons i have been advised not to answer Race Passion directly or become involved in any conversation with them so you will have to excuse me ignoring their posts.

The case is presently with trading standards and will be moving to court due to Race passion's refusal to put things right, i have given Race passion more than enough time to refund my money or fix the numerous problems with the van. The only offer i have had from Race passion is that they would find somebody to buy the van from me, that however 'legally' would make me liable / responsible for the problems and not them.

In answer to Dave above - i did not say anywhere on my blog that the van had 4 stud wheels, it has 5 & 6 stud wheels.
In regard to your comments on my wisdom of using a converter so far away, i agree that was a huge error, we live and learn.

Do you know of many or any converters in Scotland that could fulfill my requirements? I'd be interested to talk with them. Thanks.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi Elizabeth, thanks for the clarification. It was Losos who said it had four stud on the front and five on the rear close to the start of this thread, I thought it was a bit odd that's all as Ivecos either have five or six stud wheels.

I'm sorry I don't know of any converters in Scotland but there are some quite a bit closer than Swansea I'm sure, whether or not they can build a vehicle to your requirements is another matter.

I hope you get an acceptable resolution to your situation.

D.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp

The only way to save face IMO would be to offer to refund money and collect van. You could then do remedial work and resell. Doubt if anything you could do could now would satisfy mrs Morton. This would go a good way in my book to restoring faith in your company .........Money back g/t if not satisfied..........just a thought you did ask:Smile:

lmorton

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Funster No
Hi Mick

I have asked for a refund, i have asked him to put right all the things that are wrong and been refused both. The only offer i have been made is that he will find someone to buy the van if i want. This of course would make him not be liable for any problems with the van as it would in fact be me selling it on and not him, who would go for that offer :RollEyes:

Why not give me my money back then sell it via his company name?

Found an interesting thread today where he pretends to be a satisfied Race Passion customer but gets caught out by the forum members, shows just exactly what kind of person we are dealing with here.
Link Removed

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Hi Mick

I have asked for a refund, i have asked him to put right all the things that are wrong and been refused both. The only offer i have been made is that he will find someone to buy the van if i want. This of course would make him not be liable for any problems with the van as it would in fact be me selling it on and not him, who would go for that offer :RollEyes:

Why not give me my money back then sell it via his company name?

Found an interesting thread today where he pretends to be a satisfied Race Passion customer but gets caught out by the forum members, shows just exactly what kind of person we are dealing with here.
Link Removed

Do the "Not fit for purpose" regulations not cover you?
Or are they only for new vehicles?

Personally, I'd call his bluff over his use of legal means to gag you, as I'm sure he would (or should) be more afraid of legal eagles than you.

Just my opinion at the end of the day.

A very sad tale, and one which I'm following.

jason69

Free Member
Aug 24, 2010
Funster No
hi there

hi had van done by paul it looked great on there web site so i went down to look at the quallity of the work manship it was great so had my van left down there it is the merc 315 i have had it for the last 3 weeks it been great me and my girl friend have slepted in the top it was so comfy and plenty of room mine is on there on web site and no problems with customer care. If i needed to no anthing with the van he has answered so it been all good

mudmover

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Two sides to every story!

I think it would be good for more customers with experiences of Race Passion to comment on their experiences of work carried out by RP.

If more customers are disgruntled with RP this will help confirm the workmanship of this outfit however if others like the previous post confirm satisfaction of the works then RP should not be executed in public.

As a self employed person Iam only too aware that some customers can never be pleased (no matter what you do) and generally speaking these are the ones who want everything done for nothing.

Lets hear comments from actual customers rather than simply jump on the bandwagon!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think it would be good for more customers with experiences of Race Passion to comment on their experiences of work carried out by RP.

If more customers are disgruntled with RP this will help confirm the workmanship of this outfit however if others like the previous post confirm satisfaction of the works then RP should not be executed in public.

As a self employed person Iam only too aware that some customers can never be pleased (no matter what you do) and generally speaking these are the ones who want everything done for nothing.

Lets hear comments from actual customers rather than simply jump on the bandwagon!

Totally agree ,

RP came on here and asked

can I put it to all forum members what should we do??

several answers were given including mine,

supply a van that doesn't need two different spare wheels

but they have never replied nor explained about the different wheels or gave their side of the story .. so we are left to draw our own conclusions ...

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know someone who contacted this firm with a view to having a van converted and asked if they would supply a couple of references from existing customers... none have been given to date...

JJ

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I would think the odds on jason being connected to Racepassion is very high from previous postings on other forums wonder if his email addy tels all?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I would think the odds on jason being connected to Racepassion is very high from previous postings on other forums wonder if his email addy tels all?

Are you saying that he joined and posted his first message and it's all a lie ?

Shame on you, I was moved by the obvious sincerity and almost wept at the thought of their passion in their new home. Clearly they tested the springs that night. And all because of Race Passion. I hope they have many happy years in their Race Passion van and create many babies in it.

gingerboyracer

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
NEWQUAY
Funster No
MH
high top van conversion
Exp
since 2008
Racepassion

Hi, this is my first thread on here, and the reason i am writing this is because i feel so angry at people having a pop at this company with little or no regard to this business. I have just had picked up my van conversion from Racepassion and im absolutely thrilled with it, if you look on their website you will see it as a featured conversion. I did have a few worries about the company after reading all the negative reviews, but im so glad i didnt take it all to heart. Yes i visited the company before i committed to the build and i also did a little homework on them, but my veiw is your not going to please everyone all of the time. I had a few worries thanks to forums like this putting doubts in my mind, paying him all that money and at times not being able to get hold of Mr Lloyd and him not returning my calls, but he is a very busy man and he wouldnt be able to get anything done if hes on the phone all the time, so i can forgive him for that. Its to early to say if im going to have any build problems but im very confident there wont be any as the interior build quality is first class. The build was about a month late, but i wasn't in a rush so that's fine with me. As a person i found Mr Lloyd most helpful and generous, helping my boys out with race shirts and coats, also putting on the motorbikes new plastics and Racepassion graphics which can be seen on his website, thank you Mr Lloyd. Do you hear of any positives on forums like this, no or not very often. I have no hesitation in recommending Racepassion for a race van or any other conversion for that matter. I am not being paid by Mr Lloyd to say these things, im just giving credit where credit is due.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
First post and RP are wonderful, apart from the fact he doesn't return your calls. So you spend thousands but its ok he can't be bothered to return your calls? Wouldn't please me.

Ian

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Interesting IP address Gingerturd .... Come back on again and state you are not connected to Mr Lloyd..
Liars do find it hard to hide when their actual location is known and a 2 minute google comes up with all the other answers !! :RollEyes:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Interesting IP address Gingerturd .... Come back on again and state you are not connected to Mr Lloyd..
Liars do find it hard to hide when their actual location is known and a 2 minute google comes up with all the other answers !! :RollEyes:

Tells you all you need to know.

How low can this company sink.....?

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years

:ROFLMAO: what clever people :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: we have helping :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: all the Fun members :ROFLMAO:

:thumb: thanks :thumb:

gingerboyracer

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
NEWQUAY
Funster No
MH
high top van conversion
Exp
since 2008
Why are you being offensive? I can only
speak of my experience of Racepassion, I try and speak the truth about what i encountered and some of you people on here dont want to believe me, well thats up to you but please dont be personal.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back