novice needs all info (1 Viewer)

Terri

Free Member
Jul 27, 2010
Funster No
Hi

We have just bought an unloved Rockford Regent with a view to giving it some TLC before setting off in wild blue yonder... however, we do not have a mannual or any experience! So I am now intellegence gathering... First question, How often and where do we dispose of our waste water ( I believe the correct term is grey waste and black waste) and how do we clean the tanks out. As you can see from these questions, we are absolute virgins to touring big time!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi

We have just bought an unloved Rockford Regent with a view to giving it some TLC before setting off in wild blue yonder... however, we do not have a mannual or any experience! So I am now intellegence gathering... First question, How often and where do we dispose of our waste water ( I believe the correct term is grey waste and black waste) and how do we clean the tanks out. As you can see from these questions, we are absolute virgins to touring big time!

Don't worry Terri, we all needed these questions answered ourselves in the past...

I can only tell you what I do... it may or may not suit you to do things differently.

My grey water, washing up and shower water I release over a drain in the road. I sometimes drop into the empty tank a small amount of biological, eco friendly loo stuff to "gobble up" any smells but not always.

The black water from the loo depends on whether you have a cassette or a holding tanks. I empty my cassette down normal loos but ONLY because I use the loo liquid that uses enzyme thingies and NOT formaldahyde based stuff. All campsites have loo cassette emptying points.

A holding tank means that when necessary you have to find a suitable "dumping" spot. Some campsites have them and I also have various sewage manholes which I use. In France they provide places to empty your holding tanks, grey and black all over the place.

I wash the holding tank with a bit of fresh water but by using the bio stuff any residual left over just carries on doing it's "gobbling" good work as you add a bit more to the empty holding tank...

Check out... www.carapak.co.uk/

Hope this helps a little... other Funsters will be along with their advice pretty soon, they are a right brainy lot here... I am about to ask about my water heater which has developed a fault... someone will have the solution...

Enjoy the Fun

JJ :Smile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back