Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Hi all,

Just another little problem, when travelling along there is an almighty rattle coming from my Truma Fire. Investigated thoroughly but just cant find out where it is coming from. It actually sounds like it is coming from inside the sealed part of the heater situated inside the outer case at the bottom. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you get it resolved.

Also water gauge has not worked from day one and I have been waiting 4 weeks for marquis to get the warranty work consent from Elddis. Chased weekly but still no joy so I have now telephoned Elddis direct and awaiting their promised return call. Will let you know outcome. But is it normal to wait so long as I want to get on my travels but need water gauge repaired first.

Keep Smiling ::bigsmile:
Nannyjan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Jan, My heater in the Eldiss drives me mad when driving. I thought it was the metal panel on the front but it does seem to be coming from inside at the bottom. After two years of rattling no problems other than a misdiagnosed Tinitus when travelling :winky::winky:.

Re the water heater i don't know if you at the Lake District but if you not heard by then, ask Dellwood if he will give you some advice. He is brilliant. I was working mine incorrectly.... (have you switched the water pump on at the main bit)

Edit: PS Half the water gauges in Eldiss don't seem to give accurate readings .. is it showing anything at all?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Nannyjan & welcome :thumb:
No idea about the fire but water gauges never work :Eeek::ROFLMAO: so fill your tank and enjoy :thumb:-- yes it is normal to get messed around if you let them :whatthe:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i have the same problem with the water gauges on my elldis,never worked since i bought it,never bothered to find out why they dont work,never will,i just fill up and go.
have not noticed the heater rattling when driveing.

chris

OP
OP
N

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Hi Jan, My heater in the Eldiss drives me mad when driving. I thought it was the metal panel on the front but it does seem to be coming from inside at the bottom. After two years of rattling no problems other than a misdiagnosed Tinitus when travelling :winky::winky:.

Re the water heater i don't know if you at the Lake District but if you not heard by then, ask Dellwood if he will give you some advice. He is brilliant. I was working mine incorrectly.... (have you switched the water pump on at the main bit)

Edit: PS Half the water gauges in Eldiss don't seem to give accurate readings .. is it showing anything at all?

Glad to hear it is not only my fire as I was beginning to get Paranoid with everything going wrong. thanks for your advice we will just have to turn the music up to drown the rattling fire. Ha Ha. Take care and thanks again

Keep Smiling ::bigsmile: Nannyjan

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I haven't noticed the fire rattling on our Elddis but have seen at least one other thread on here describing the problem. Can't remember if a solution was found but a search might find it.

As others have said the water gauges work only when they want to - easier to unscrew the big cap on the tank to see how much is left.

Graham

Edit
Link Removed is the post I was thinking of.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Spent ages on an older van trying to stop noise, even took fire apart found cause to be a support of some kind, can't remember what, tried to tighten it managed and it worked till the fire was lit, back came the noise, so gave up.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The water gauge on my previous van did not work until I replaced all the reed relays in the sensor tube.. An easy job and the total cost of repair less than £3.00 !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back