Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
My insurance is due up on the 28th of this month, I have had a renewal quote for £720 includes euro travel and euro break down cover, limited to 10k miles a year. Is this a good quote, or am I paying over the odds?

1992 Winnie 22ft valued @ £16k I'm 43 and the only named driver.

I'm with Adrian Flux at present.

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Insurance renewal

HI ALL
My Insurance renewal is up at the end off month as well also with Adrian Flux been with them 8 years but this year will be moving its 462 pound with no break down cover but CARAVAN GUARD wanted 360 pound with full break down cover any one wth CARAVAN GUARD on here any good :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I know little about motorhome prices, but if its worth under 30k try Frank Pickles for an insurance quote ask for barry - and tell him you are a funster coz then you get a discount

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Have you tried Comfort Insurance? They include European breakdown cover.

I'm with Saga - £75 without breakdown cover. (My MH is small enough to be covered by my AA cover) Bargain. :roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
give the NFU (national farmers union) a ring...no on-line quotes but very helpful staff.

on advise from Geo, ring the Louth branch...they know RVs inside out.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
what makes me made is you get a discount if you have a name 2nd driver with some companies:shout:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,
We have used Caravan Gaurd for the last two years. £683 including UK and European breakdown. This is for a 2006 Damon Daybreak.

Last year we had to use the breakdown while on holiday in Scotland, excellent service from a local garage on Skye they were even talking about taking us back to the south of England on a low loader. After hours of searching they found an electrical fault, a wire shorting out.

Cheers Mike.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,
We have used Caravan Gaurd for the last two years. £683 including UK and European breakdown. This is for a 2006 Damon Daybreak.

Last year we had to use the breakdown while on holiday in Scotland, excellent service from a local garage on Skye they were even talking about taking us back to the south of England on a low loader. After hours of searching they found an electrical fault, a wire shorting out.

Cheers Mike.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
give the NFU (national farmers union) a ring...no on-line quotes but very helpful staff.

We, on advise from around these parts, went to NFU, seemed good and saved a fair bit over Flux:thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I changed from Adrian Flux too IC Choice last year. They beat Adrian Flux hands down. Probabley be different this year.

Jim
:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

I have just been on the phone to NFU and they said they do not cover vans above 3 . 5 ton :whatthe: what's going on ?
Sureterm direct have given me the best quote so far at £210 -UK only inc free legal cover :thumb: Got a couple of weeks left to sort something out / beat it
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Safeguard

We, on advise from around these parts, went to NFU, seemed good and saved a fair bit over Flux:thumb:

I insure my 2005 Winnebao B Class with Safeguard. They gave me a mirror bonus (4) years from my car last year and I renewed with them this year. The Camping and Caravan Club was a bit cheaper by £65 but the devil is in the detail... I am 5.5 tons and want to use it in Europe and I looked at what was and was not covered. With Safeguard I get a lot of cover in Europe where as with say the Camping and Caravaning club you get a lot less, they hardly cover the cost of a tow off the motorway where as Safeguard covers gives a £1,000 for the motorway tow off compared to £250. Plus there is unlimited recovery back to the UK where the Camping and Caravanning club limits it to £2,000... some differance. Cannot see a 5.5 ton yank being recovered under £3,000 as they agreed.

So you get what you pay for. I want to know I will get recovered without issue. I pay £550 I am retired and just over 60. My vehicle is valued at £30,000 and I have a thatcham alarm system, I park on my own drive. I have unlimited mileage cover. :Smile: You need to hunt around more. Adrian Flux have in the past insured my A class and Dodge Ram V an, but of late they are a lot more expensive.. over £800. Sureteam never called me back despite two calls to them:Angry:.

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Just renewed with Safeguard this afternoon. 2004 Autocruise Stargazer, Thatcham class 1 alarm, named driver, UK and europe breakdown cover, legal protection - £451. This my second year with them and I initially chose Safeguard because, unlike many others, they accepted my French no claims bonus.

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Ive been with Safegaurd for 10 years now, absolutely no probs. Insurance comes with european breakdown and recovery. £350.00 Brilliant!::bigsmile:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
I have just been on the phone to NFU and they said they do not cover vans above 3 . 5 ton :whatthe: what's going on ?
Sureterm direct have given me the best quote so far at £210 -UK only inc free legal cover :thumb: Got a couple of weeks left to sort something out / beat it
terry

Terry,

I'm sure that all the farmers gear weighs in at under 3.5 tons.:ROFLMAO:

Our Hymer at 4.6 gross is insured with NFU, and also our toad.:RollEyes:

They have been consistantly competitave, over the last six years, and when we had a claim, a couple of years ago, almost £6k, it only cost us our excess.:RollEyes:

I would try again, it could be worth it.

Nomadic

snowpig

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Funster No
HI ALL
My Insurance renewal is up at the end off month as well also with Adrian Flux been with them 8 years but this year will be moving its 462 pound with no break down cover but CARAVAN GUARD wanted 360 pound with full break down cover any one wth CARAVAN GUARD on here any good :thumb:
Ive been with Caravan Guard for years now and I found they were the cheapest for me, just renewed mine too:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Just renewed mine on Hurricane RV 04 plate no mileage limit, euro use etc incl rescue/assistance £596 with Safeguard.

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
I've had a ring around today, and this is what i have so far.
NFU £482 £400 excess for accidental damage, £350 theft excess.
I was happy with this but there is no brake down cover, I am thinking about buying that separately and seeing how it matches up.

Caravan Guard came in at £678 no milage limit, full hgv breakdown recovery, the usual excesses + all the legal.

Caravan club and Safe Guard to go, I'm not holding out on Safe Guard though as they quoted me over a grand when I first enquired last year.
Thanks for the help so far people. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back