Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Can anyone help, I've plugged in at home after our last trip as normal and the light on the control panel lit up as normal but just been out to it and its gone off,no power, changed fuse in plug and tried a different 240v socket in the house still no power any one any idea what to check next ? its a Burstner T641 Avante Garde on A Fiat Ducato 2.8

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can anyone help, I've plugged in at home after our last trip as normal and the light on the control panel lit up as normal but just been out to it and its gone off,no power, changed fuse in plug and tried a different 240v socket in the house still no power any one any idea what to check next ? its a Burstner T641 Avante Garde on A Fiat Ducato 2.8

Plug something into a 240V socket to see if any power inside.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The wire's fallen off the LED on the control panel??? (I'd say the bulb has gone, but aren't bulbs these days are they?)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Does your motorhome have a Schaudt Elektroblock charger and 12 volt distribution unit? If yes then it is probable that the charger has died due to a voltage spike. They are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations and if it happens it also knocks out the 240V indicator light on the control panel. If this is the case you will need to remove the EBL and send it off to Schaudt in Germany who will repair it and return it. We did one for a customer a few months back and it took a couple of weeks and cost about £250. If this is what's happened I reccomend you fit the Schaudt OVP 01 to prevent it happening again. We have the OVP 01 in stock at £84.64 inc VAT.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kickstart

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Does your motorhome have a Schaudt Elektroblock charger and 12 volt distribution unit? If yes then it is probable that the charger has died due to a voltage spike. They are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations and if it happens it also knocks out the 240V indicator light on the control panel. If this is the case you will need to remove the EBL and send it off to Schaudt in Germany who will repair it and return it. We did one for a customer a few months back and it took a couple of weeks and cost about £250. If this is what's happened I reccomend you fit the Schaudt OVP 01 to prevent it happening again. We have the OVP 01 in stock at £84.64 inc VAT.

D.

Well as the kettle worked,the fridge is on and its only the 230v light on the control panel not coming on I'll not be paying £250 and another £84.64 thanks Dave .

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I think you missed my point, voltage spikes can and do take out the charger side of the Elektroblock and the 240V indicator light on the control panel but leave all other 240V circuits working which is pretty much what you described. IF you have an Elektroblock, which is a distinct possibility with yours being a Burstner, then my best guess is this is what's happened. So you see you might still have to fork out a few hundred quid for Schaudt to repair your system, if that is what you have.

I'm not touting for work I'm just trying to help and give you the advice you were looking for. If you do have an Elektroblock then the OVP 01 is money well spent as it prevents this happening in future and you can buy them direct from Schaudt.

Regards, D.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well as the kettle worked,the fridge is on and its only the 230v light on the control panel not coming on I'll not be paying £250 and another £84.64 thanks Dave .

Then you'll have to buy a standard leisure battery charger and fit it. Cost £100 or so. You should be able to feed it into the Schaudt eletroblock via the solar charger connector. Or fit direct to the battery and lose the link to charge the starter battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kickstart

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
thanks Dave I appreciate your advise, I understand little about electricity but you have helped me understand the problem, and if that is what must be done,so be it.

Brians advise would make sense cost wise,but would it be safe and efective ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back