Hymer Private Sale (1 Viewer)

twincam

Free Member
Jul 24, 2010
Funster No
hello,
i am in the process of buying a hymer a class motorhome 1993.fiat 2.5td,power steering.living space,6 berth,131,000km or 80,000 miles,timing belt done and serviced.
can you please tell me what to look out for mechanically or body wise as i am new to all this
Thank you

Ralph Abbott

Free Member
Jul 4, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
hello,
i am in the process of buying a hymer a class motorhome 1993.fiat 2.5td,power steering.living space,6 berth,131,000km or 80,000 miles,timing belt done and serviced.
can you please tell me what to look out for mechanically or body wise as i am new to all this
Thank you

Internally, check that everything works - the boiler fires up, the fridge works on gas and the 12 volt electrics work. Check that the taps and shower work and don't leak.

If its a Hymer, check the horn works. This is a common problem.

Look for signs of water ingress.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we have a similar one - a B564.
Had it 2 years. We own our own garage business so changed the cambelt & serviced it ourselves. After 1 year, 2 days before we were due to go to France the water pump started leaking, not heavily but enought to need replacing. My husband did it himself & what a job, took him anout 15 hrs!!
Apart from this we've had no other problems & it's been a good runner.
Check the radiator hose is not perished due to age - they are very hard to come by as not made anymore.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
WE have just got a hymer we went and looked at it 5 times and having looked all over it and it meet are needs we went for it and we love it :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back