LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It is comeing to my attention more that I badly need a spell check for my posts as my fingers and brain don't seem to get my spelling right any idea's please how I can put a spell check on my forum page. thanks Carol.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
It can be done and someone will be along soon to tell you how. I wouldn't worry about it, on this forum it is more important what you say than how you spell it. ::bigsmile: Except in my case as it is usually drivel. :RollEyes:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It can be done and someone will be along soon to tell you how. I wouldn't worry about it, on this forum it is more important what you say than how you spell it. ::bigsmile: Except in my case as it is usually drivel. :RollEyes:

Far be it from me to disagree with Ken :roflmto::roflmto:

At the top right of the text box when you reply there is a Tick symbol with ABC next to it. Click that to spell check your message. It may require you to download and install ieSpell the first time you do it.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Far be it from me to disagree with Ken :roflmto::roflmto:

At the top right of the text box when you reply there is a Tick symbol with ABC next to it. Click that to spell check your message. It may require you to download and install ieSpell the first time you do it.

Graham

Interesting, I don't see the tick and ABC. wonder if it is because I am using google Chrome browser?...

David

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It is comeing to my attention more that I badly need a spell check for my posts as my fingers and brain don't seem to get my spelling right any idea's please how I can put a spell check on my forum page. thanks Carol.

Good old Firefox has it built in. What browser are you using ?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
If you are using Firefox, the spell chucker should be automatic.

It puts a red line under the mis-spilt word. You right-click on it to get the correct spulling.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Jist tryd itt and itt dont werk? :ROFLMAO:

If you are serious the go to tools, addons then Find Updates. It will find a United States dictionary and install it. Mine is showing all your typos.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Or alternatively download the Google toolbar for Chrome and set it to auto spell check.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
If you are serious the go to tools, addons then Find Updates. It will find a United States dictionary and install it. Mine is showing all your typos.

Thanks for that, there was no mention of an "add on" before, just that F/fox would highlight mistakes. :Smile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Been on update, found both yank and English spell checker, still no tick, no underlining or anything. bugger it, you just have to put up with me spelling:shout:

Don

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If using Chrome , go to tools, ( spanner icon ) , extensions , then 'get more extensions'

then look for

Google Dictionary (by Google) - Version: 1.0.2

not only spell check but also a look up dictionary

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Ive found that latley my spelling has been appalling.

Ive figured out thats its because I try to type to quickly (I'm not a shorthand typist).

Once the message is typed I dont check it. When I take my time and check my spelling (Not with a spell checker) its ok.

So memo too self: take your time and check your work !!!!.

Jim
:winky:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Ive found that latley my spelling has been appalling.

Ive figured out thats its because I try to type to quickly (I'm not a shorthand typist).

Once the message is typed I dont check it. When I take my time and check my spelling (Not with a spell checker) its ok.

So memo too self: take your time and check your work !!!!.

Jim
:winky:

Wise works that most of us would agree with, certainly me, well, except the spelling OK bit, I often can see it's wrong but for the life of me not why. What makes me laugh (at myself) most is when the spell checker can't even figure out what I'm trying to say:ROFLMAO:

A an aside, round here I'm lazy with the spoll chucker but for work I use it religiously and I have noticed my spelling has improved, trust me it has, since I started using it....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am trying really I am but I can not see the abc and I don't know what chrome is only that ive got it in my bathroom, I am signed in on windows explorer useing useing windows vista, trying to work my way through the suggestions, I will get there in the end:thumb: thanks for all the help up to now. :Smile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I am trying really I am but I can not see the abc and I don't know what chrome is only that ive got it in my bathroom, I am signed in on windows explorer useing useing windows vista, trying to work my way through the suggestions, I will get there in the end:thumb: thanks for all the help up to now. :Smile:

When you're replying to a thread in the editor, do you see a button in the top-right corner with the ABC and tick symbol like Graham mentioned (see attached image)? Click on this to download the ieSpell spellchecker add-on. I just tried this (I usually use Firefox) and checked the download for viruses and it seems to be OK.

The only downside when I activated ieSpell was that it wiped out my test message - so download it before you start typing something you want to check!

Attachments

• spellchecker.jpg
    spellchecker.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you Neil and everyone for your help, yes I can see the abc as you have showed me I click on it and it come up download clean up files etc but nothing more about the spell check am I missing something (apart from a brain) thanks Carol.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
yes I can see the abc as you have showed me I click on it and it come up download clean up files etc but nothing more about the spell check

Hmmm.....that noise you can hear is the cogwheels in my brain turning.....thinking...

....OK. You've downloaded the ieSpell installer program and run it? Two questions:

1. In Internet Explorer, when you click the right mouse button and the menu pops up, do you see "ieSpell Options" and "Check Spelling" on the menu? I also see these two options under the "Tools" menu in Explorer 8.

2. When you reply to this post and start entering your text, what happens when you click on the ABC button? The first time I did it, Internet Explorer put a message up at the top of the window asking me if I wanted to install the ieSpell ActiveX control - I had to tell it "Yes" to get it to install.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001

Google "spellcheck Internet Explorer" or "spellcheck FireFox" and you will be able to download a spell checker that can be used in many places.

or

Download the Google Toolbar for IE or FireFox and use the spellchecker that comes with it.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you for all your help I keep trying but for now have bought a new Large Print Dictionary (was on offer at W.H. Smiths) for 97p. I will get there in the end :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back