can you drink water in france (1 Viewer)

sloth

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
chester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 years
Hi All
On our first trip to France and forgot to ask on earlier thread :Doh:
Can you drink tap water in France or is it better to buy bottled:Blush:
Thank's Al

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Hi All
On our first trip to France and forgot to ask on earlier thread :Doh:
Can you drink tap water in France or is it better to buy bottled:Blush:
Thank's Al

Well, I've drunk it in the past and it hasn't affected me but, if you're unsure, bottled water is quite cheap and fairly safe!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
In some places there are actually signs telling you if the water is potable or not.

So you need to know the French for 'potable'.

It's 'potable'.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Sloth,

We've never had a problem drinking their "potable" tap water, however, as we don't drink water from our inboard tank, we always pick up half a dozen bottles of water from a French supermarket, just in case we don't find a tap to fill our normal drinking water bottles.

HTH,

Jock.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
French tap water is fine. We normally have some bottled water for cuppa's but its not essential.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Water supply and sanitation in France is universal and of good quality>>> :thumb:

Water supply and sanitation in France

If you are concerned about water quality then a very good investment is a General Ecology water filter.. more commonly known as Nature Pure Water Filter ... not cheap but will pay for itself in no time

It is 'greener' than buying and disposing of plastic bottles and is always 'on tap' It's so good you could drink canal water, they used to demonstrate this at the shows

We invested in one before going full time, never bought bottled, no one ever suffered a tummy upset and we only ever drink from our tank.. It proved it's worth while touring Morocco ..

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
yeah watch out for that dehydrated water they sell in French camping places....its really horrible and powdery:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi, I worked for Lee Valley Water Company/ Three Valleys Water in the 70s early 80s and it was owned by a french water company then,::bigsmile: so I think its safe to say they know a bit about water. They just prefer to drink the wine.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am still a live (I think)

Well, I've drunk it in the past and it hasn't affected me but, if you're unsure, bottled water is quite cheap and fairly safe!

I am still alive - I think, seemed to always be loading the water on to the Winnebago at the sites we stayed at for a month earlier this year. So it must be OK. - Spain not so. Andora not so.

If our Saint Bernard will drink it then it has to be OK.. but then the wine is a good stand by.:Smile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We've drunk French tap water for the last 20 yrs with no probs-in restaurants it's 'Eau de robinet' Don't let them con you into paying for bottled. ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
As i said in previous posts when the question has been asked: No problem with tap water except sometimes in little villages located high in the mountains. Had the opportunity to show to Wildman (Roger and Sue) the following sign: EAU NON POTABLE (and not aqua non potable , aqua isn't french but latin and agua is spanish) when we have visited together the "Pic du Midi de Bigorres" . I've seen another one above a tap in a little town called "Ax-les-Thermes" when going to Andorra. You can see it as well on the few aires when a tap is only there to wash your tanks, or tools or your dog paws.... whatever can be done without proper filtered water (in order to keep the filtered water for a better use)

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::winky:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
My bad Frankie - sorry

Must write out a hundered times........EAU not AQUA

:winky:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
My bad Frankie - sorry

Must write out a hundered times........EAU not AQUA

:winky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: yessss you are a naughty boy !!!!:roflmto:
That reminds me my mum's punishment once i had forgotten to switch on the dishwasher before going to bed! Mind you i was 19 years old!!!!! and she said : you'll be writing out a hundred times; i won't be going to bed without having switch on the dishwasher:Eeek::Eeek:..... and believe me in french it is even longer to write!!!

Most fortunatly my father showed up and had a good look at her and said ....she is not a little girl anymore , she won't forget now! Well i never did ! First time my dad had some power on her , didn't want to disappoint him!

That was the little tale of the day ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I live in France and motorhome all over france......I drink nothing but the french water and have been drinking the french water for the last 6.5 years ( there was a survey done of water quality in different countries and France came out the top.....I am talking potable water from the tap (potable means drinking water in france and in the uk) not from a well as anything can fliter into a well, if unsure you can go to any chemist with a sample to be checked..............I hope thats set your mind at rest have a good holiday.

Mel :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back