Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi

Can anyone help with window locks for he M/H please? What is the best type etc.

Our baby sleeps at the back on his own and i'm worried he could be pinched in the night through the window:Eeek:. I know it is unlikely but I would rather spend a few quid and have peace of mind. You know what it's like when you have had a few vinos and are knackered we would probably not hear a thing.

These windows are dead easy to open from the outside don't know if they are all like that?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Vik

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi

Can anyone help with window locks for he M/H please? What is the best type etc.

Vik

Difficult to secure a plastic window but easy to fit an alarm. Maplin and the like do "hotel" door alarms.

I can picture a door security chain being adapted so that the window will not open far, and by then the alarm triggers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi Brian

Thanks for the advice I have had a look at Maplin £4.99 for one, got 4 for £4.99 off e-bay free del too exactly same product :thumb:.

Thanks again - hopefully I won't have any more problems/queries only 10 days to go......but if I do I know you lot will be there to save the day :thumb:.

Vik

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
My last motorhome had a "picture window" which just at the right hight for someone to break into and climb into the accomodation, so I made a security grill from 12mm X 5mm flat bar and screwed it to the inside of the window frame, very neat and it was a selling point when I came to sell it.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back