Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Left it way too late but planning a trip to Cornwall for August!
Any recommendations for Cornwall in an RV? (29ft)
Good sites?
Good roads?
Roads to avoid?
Any other tips?

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Left it way too late but planning a trip to Cornwall for August!
Any recommendations for Cornwall in an RV? (29ft)
Good sites?
Good roads?
Roads to avoid?
Any other tips?

Your a brave person going in August LOL...when we went in August( we were staying at a nice little site in Helston called Pengoon farm campsite) we ended up in the road jam from hell. It took us 5 hours to get from Indian queens to the roundabout near the turn of for Newquay. There were people getting out of the vans and walking and were there waiting for their vans when they finally got to the next roundabout it was that bad.

Sites wise, if you google Pengoon farm thats a good one.When we were there they had a couple of big rigs on there. One was a full timer living there 11 months of the year( had to move for the 12th month cos of local restrictions on camp sites)

another is this fab CL for the caravan club. Its an amazing site and heres the link

http://www.brackenfarmcaravanpark.com/

Hope this helps and have a great time in Cornwall. Just dont venture anywhere near Mevagissy cos the car park attendant there is a jobsowrth jumped up little ^%&$£"!***! who hates motorhomes LOL

Bessy regs

Kenny

mejulie

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Caversham,Reading
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
"Your a brave person going in August LOL...when we went in August( we were staying at a nice little site in Helston called Pengoon farm campsite) we ended up in the road jam from hell. It took us 5 hours to get from Indian queens to the roundabout near the turn of for Newquay. There were people getting out of the vans and walking and were there waiting for their vans when they finally got to the next roundabout it was that bad." We go to Cornwall a lot, and we're not far from where you and always travel overnight and always A30/A303 with 2to3 stops on the way. Hardly see any traffic all the way down. As for campsites, we have never been on one that would be accessible with a van your size, but there are always vans like yours around so they must go somewhere. I'm sure you will get plenty of advice on here shortly. Regards Mel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Be prepared for Loooong delays, I was there over May Bank Holiday and even then it was HELL! It took 10hrs from M5 Bristol to just South of Newquay :Eeek:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It isn't that busy down here this august - plenty of sites have ample availability. Seems a busier July than August - I think the recession has hit the average families savings after a few years of it now, so I think they are either avoiding peak season, or are just staying at home!

Lots of campsites are quieter this year.....even with the hire, we have a space in august which is unheard of - usually they are gone by January!

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
what ever yoo doo...steer clear of newperrin holiday park :Sad:

happycampers

Free Member
Sep 9, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
None but working on it
Hi there, I just found this on ukcampsites.co.uk - hope it helps

"Hi
We have just returned from the Monkey Tree Cornwall with our RV, you will find further RV friendly sites on the RV Owners Club website Link Removed "

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
No! no! don'ee cum down 'ere wiv yer gert great Car, don' ee come 'ere goin' to Coombe Farm, goin too our best places to eat (Hewas Inn, Plume of Feathers at Mitchell, the Merry Moor Inn at Morgan Porth) by Golly you might even meet that there bloody furriener Rangitira at the Queens Head !

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hi there, I just found this on ukcampsites.co.uk - hope it helps

"Hi
We have just returned from the Monkey Tree Cornwall with our RV, you will find further RV friendly sites on the RV Owners Club website Link Removed "

Daughter number 1 vouches for the Monkey Tree. Have stayed just down the road from there for 15 years and it is always looking smart when we pass it and never heard a bad thing about it. Site where I stay would be very tight for you

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
peeps this thread is over a year old ,i should think the op is sorted by now:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back