Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hiya everyone

I hope Im allowed to ask for help.I only just joined so if its not allowed then feel free to delete this post.

I have a 2004 Bessacarr E435 motorhome which I love dearly but she is getting on my wick at the moment. Two problems have arisen. Firstly, the step that used to retract when I started the engine and also sound an alarm doesnt any more( it will if I use the switch though) and Ive had a few things happen where I didnt realise and motorists flashed me to warn me. Also, the fridge works brill on gas and lekky but has now decided that it doesnt want to on 12 volt. Ive looked at the manuals that came with my van and they mention a fuse might need changing but I am buggered if I can find where that would be. All the fuses in the dashboard are ok and not blown. I have emailed swift to ask but never recieved a reply and found it impossible to ring them :(

can anyone help me please? obviously if I broke the rules asking for help when I only just started then I appologise.

any help would be most humbly appreciated...and if I can reciprocate the help I would be more than willing.

Bessy regs

Kenny

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Kenny and a very warm welcome to FUN
Rest assured you have not broken any rules in asking for help
apart from the fun its why you joined isnt it?
Fuses for these items can appear almost anywhere check around your engine battery area for a selection of in line fuses
Someone with more detailed knowledge will be along soon Im sure
Geo:thumb:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi. We have a 2007 435 which is obviously later but our 'habitation' fuses are in two fuse panels. One in the wooden bulkhead behind the driver (stand outside the drivers door and look round the back of the seat and you should see the panel about 6 inches off the floor). The other one is the other side behind the passenger seat. I haven't got the motor-home here at the moment with the list of what's in each fusebox :Doh: so you will possibly have to check them all.

I hope this helps you locate the fuses.

Oh..... and welcome to the FUN. :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
The problem with the step could be either the fuse, most likely to be under the bonnet. Or there is a swtich on the step. Look under the step and you will see a plate on one side of the step. The plate is held on with 1 screw, remove the screw and you will see a white switch it is not uncommon for this to stick in. If it is stuck in makes the sytem think the step is retracted. A generous squirt with WD 40 and a bit of wriggling should do the trick.
OH and Welcome to the FUN

Andy

OP
OP
parkay3560

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
wow..what a great group of peeps! Havent looked for the fuses since reading this cos I just went out to take back a spare part for the van( water filler and cap) whuich wasnt right for the van :(

I'll have a look under the bonnet in the morning and around to see if I can spot those pesky fuses. I'll also see if Mr switch is sticking under the step too :)

I want to get the van sorted for Friday because I am going down to Anglesey for a few days to take some photos- weather permitting- at South Stack again.....tried before but those pesky twitchers turned in in their millions on coaches and just took over muttering stuff about lesser spotted thrutch warblers on the cliff face hahaha.

Tell you what, its never been dull being a motor caravanner :)

and this is deffo NOT a dull motorhome webbie! Glad I joined now

Bessy regs

Kenny

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Kenny and welcome to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:
Good advice re the step problem, clean the switch and all may well be ok.
Regarding your fridge problem, the fridge in our 04 Autosleeper only works on 12 volts with the engine running, it may be worth checking your manuals before hunting high and low for a blown fuse.

OP
OP
parkay3560

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Kenny and welcome to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:
Good advice re the step problem, clean the switch and all may well be ok.
Regarding your fridge problem, the fridge in our 04 Autosleeper only works on 12 volts with the engine running, it may be worth checking your manuals before hunting high and low for a blown fuse.

Hiya Brisey

thats exactly my problem....the fridge has now started not to work when the engine is running. It means we cant put anything in the freezer to take away with us and if we go away we cant keep things frozen if we move off site :(

Thats whats made me think it might be a fuse. Thanks for replying though :)

Bessy regs

Kenny

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
thats exactly my problem....the fridge has now started not to work when the engine is running. It means we cant put anything in the freezer to take away with us and if we go away we cant keep things frozen if we move off site :(

Thats whats made me think it might be a fuse. Thanks for replying though :)

Bessy regs

Kenny

Hi Kenny, definitely sounds like the fuse and it's usually under the bonnet feeding the fridge and split charge relay, so it's very likely your not charging the leisure battery either..

Look for quite a thickish cable, retro fitted, with an in line fuse.. probably 25A ..

OP
OP
parkay3560

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Jim

thanks again.I will have a look in the morning when its not peeing it down with rain and the munter thats parked across my drive( grrrr) has gawn.....interesting about the leisure battery cos that might explain a few things.....

Bessy regs

Kenny

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
:thumb:hi and welcome just a little warning if fiddling with switch on the step..... take care that it does not retract trapping fingers etc.:Doh:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
:thumb:hi and welcome just a little warning if fiddling with switch on the step..... take care that it does not retract trapping fingers etc.:Doh:

says he with two fingers missing ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
parkay3560

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry guys....couldnt post any replies to any thread cos it said I had to pay a premium membership sooooo.....I did cos I think you guys sorted it for me and the way I see it, it would have cost me plenty dosh for someone to look at the van.

Update is...Im now a premium member and anything to help a fab site like this keep going is a good thing and....

took the advice given and YAHHHHYYHHHHHH

Only got the fridge sorted and the step retracting so. THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all who helped me. I had to shout cos its the first time i ever managed to successfully fix anything that was not computer related or camera driven hahaha

your a fab group and glad to be amongst you- and who knows, on my journeys I may bump into a few of you guys( shall have to stick my avatar up there so you know how horrible I look hahaha)

I'll certainly be spreading the word about Funsters when I am on my travels to fellow Motorhomers I meet along the way

Good to be with great people

Bessy regs

Kenny

and again.....Thank you!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back