door problem (1 Viewer)

johnnynewvan

Free Member
Jul 14, 2010
Funster No
Just bought a 2003 630g lifestyle swift privately, a bit worried about the garage door, it has a side hinge and it is sagging from the hinges side, there is some water getting in, it looks like someone may have tried to repair it before. Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you go about fixing it? Help!

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Just bought a 2003 630g lifestyle swift privately, a bit worried about the garage door, it has a side hinge and it is sagging from the hinges side, there is some water getting in, it looks like someone may have tried to repair it before. Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you go about fixing it? Help!

Hi Johnny, you don't seem to be getting much response to your post, so I have put this post in to move yours back to the top of the list.

I too have a Swift 630g but my door is the lift up kind and not the side hinge as yours, I too have had lots of problems with the garage door, mine was brought about by failed gas struts.

I can tell you that the hinge screws are very thin and if the come loose there is not much point in trying to re-tighten them, they will, if they are not already, strip on you. I think that an injection of some kind of filler or epoxy might help, but hopefully some one will come on who has done it before to help you.

As to the possible water leak this can be serious I had to have the garage floor base removed to make good the damage done by water due to the door leaking so don't let it go unchecked.

Good luck.

Doug...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John, without seeing it ,it is hard to give good advise :Doh: you can get new hinges if they are at fault (sprained etc, ) or try using slightly bigger gauge screws :thumb: other than that I would need to see it to ascertain what is wrong
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back