Oct 27, 2009
dunfermline
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
we are off on holidays wednesday,motor all finished heading
nopic_96.gif

la croix du vieux pont.then down to el piner,but not sure where after that not found any where near cartagena any idea,s?
then in to gibralter for a few days and in to our second home algarve quarteria,
whats the road like from clermont to beziers?
on our return from algarve we have spoke about andorra but wife unsure of the roads?
any way id like to thank all funstars for help and advice give and keep you all posted.bye for noo:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
nopic_96.gif

la croix du vieux pont.then down to el piner,but not sure where after that not found any where near cartagena any idea,s?
then in to gibralter for a few days and in to our second home algarve quarteria,
on our return from algarve we have spoke about andorra but wife unsure of the roads?
any way id like to thank all funstars for help and advice give and keep you all posted.bye for noo:thumb:

Made a note of this:
[FONT=&quot]Camping La Manga, La Manga del Mar Menor. Cartagena 18 miles.[/FONT]

But not actually been there.

You do know you can't actually stay in Gib, don't you ? But you can park just outside in Spain, FOC too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

hoggan1971

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
dunfermline
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
hi brian,
tryed there 7 nights minimum was told when tryed to book.
been to gib but only with car when lived in algarve wasnt sure about parking but i im now thanks ,parking out side is fine is it in the car park ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
been to gib but only with car when lived in algarve wasnt sure about parking but i im now thanks ,parking out side is fine is it in the car park ?

I think you can take a van in to the Supermarket but have to sign to say you will not stay overnight. We parked just past the gates, see pics.

ACSI dvd he say:
Camping Playa de Mazarrón
Camping Los Madriles
Camping Naturista 'El Portús' Cat.2
Caravaning La Manga

Attachments

• Gib1.jpg
    Gib1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Gib2.jpg
    Gib2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
H

hoggan1971

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
dunfermline
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
thanks brian will bare that in mind.if i mind right not staying in gib is good for the duty free each day? ha ha .is it safe and ok where you parked it would just be 2 days?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
.is it safe and ok where you parked it would just be 2 days?

We felt safe enough, we weren't alone as you can see. It was a bit noisy, the wagons queuing to get into Gib in the morning used the dead end of the dual carriageway to form a queue. Gib was a two minute walk. It was a real treat to eat a true Brit meal as we were on our way back from Morocco.

What would we do without google:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...bxhMQoFejiHiaeh8l-fvyg&cbp=12,145.95,,0,10.49

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
nopic_96.gif

Hi Hoggan !

Here is a link for you to see the road from clermont to beziers. I've chosen it without any toll on but still most of the travel is on 4 lanes so OK for motorhomes:thumb:

http://fr.mappy.com/itinerary#d[]=Clermont-Ferrand,+France&d[]=Béziers,+France&lm=r&ipnt=1

Now i don't know much about the other side of Andorra as each time i'm coming from France while you'll be coming from Spain. On the french side it's ok if your motorhome isn't bigger than a normal bus for tourists. They do go up there even when it has been snowing (unless forbidden or shut!) so if they can , you can . i very often see motorhomes going to Andorra . Many bends as you come nearer to the top, but still ok .

Have a nice time and if you want my mobile number , just in case you'd be stuck somewhere in France without any connexion, just PM me .
Make sure if you ask for help on the forum to come back and see the answers! I might be online all day but as i'm working all day.... sometimes i don't see the posts needing urgent replies!

Safe travel

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
H

hoggan1971

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
dunfermline
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Hi Hoggan !

Here is a link for you to see the road from clermont to beziers. I've chosen it without any toll on but still most of the travel is on 4 lanes so OK for motorhomes:thumb:

http://fr.mappy.com/itinerary#d[]=Clermont-Ferrand,+France&d[]=Béziers,+France&lm=r&ipnt=1

Now i don't know much about the other side of Andorra as each time i'm coming from France while you'll be coming from Spain. On the french side it's ok if your motorhome isn't bigger than a normal bus for tourists. They do go up there even when it has been snowing (unless forbidden or shut!) so if they can , you can . i very often see motorhomes going to Andorra . Many bends as you come nearer to the top, but still ok .

Have a nice time and if you want my mobile number , just in case you'd be stuck somewhere in France without any connexion, just PM me .
Make sure if you ask for help on the forum to come back and see the answers! I might be online all day but as i'm working all day.... sometimes i don't see the posts needing urgent replies!

Safe travel

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:
thanks frankie,
i was looking at that very same route from clermont,and andorra still trying to convince the wife but we would be heading from lleida just of the a2.so looks one of the main routes from spain.anyway thanks for you support and will take all the support and help i have been given and will have a great time and tell you all about it..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back