LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
After the glowing report of the F1 Silverstone trip I've just booked for WSB at Silverstone. Aug 1 race day.

Not a bad deal:

2 Grandstand 3 day seats £100
Camping £25
Handling £3
£128.00

Anyone else up for it ?

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi
Quite fancy going to classics 23 to 25 th july but the oh has booked me a birthday treat to venice so hope to go next year .
ray

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I think we might like it very much, do they do Junior tickets? Not sure Nikki would be keen watching fast noisey cars going round in circles? How soon would you have to know?

Its one big Party you know Brian,,, are you sure you will cope? :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I have some tickets for the Silverstone World series by Renault tickets 18th-19th Sept (which we have acquired for free, athough it clashes with the Fun bath meet, decisions, decisions.

I want to go to both.

Pat

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Nikki would be keen watching fast noisey cars going round in circles? How soon would you have to know?

Its one big Party you know Brian,,, are you sure you will cope? :winky:

How would she fancy fast noisy BIKES then ? There is some staggeringly good racing in WSB this year. And with the ticket allowing access to many stands it should be a really good weekend. The place will be pretty empty, we just don't get the huge numbers of bikers to fill that place.

I'm sure I can't cope, some backup would be good.

I boobed on the booking, needed 2 campings.

It's a bit uncertain just where the camping is, they might be making it up as they go along.

I'll post when the tickets arrive.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
How would she fancy fast noisy BIKES then ? There is some staggeringly good racing in WSB this year. And with the ticket allowing access to many stands it should be a really good weekend. The place will be pretty empty, we just don't get the huge numbers of bikers to fill that place.

I'm sure I can't cope, some backup would be good.

I boobed on the booking, needed 2 campings.

It's a bit uncertain just where the camping is, they might be making it up as they go along.

I'll post when the tickets arrive.

We have done a couple of bike racing events, (donnington gp) and WSB events as well as BSB events.
way to much of a party for us oldies.... gosh knows how you cope Brian, We went to one whereby the fire truck putting out the fires gave our very young children hours of early morning entertainment, (0300-0500) and the fireworks, were great, as well as of course, the reving your bike flat out and then hittting the kill switch on and off, oh such fun:whatthe::whatthe: especially when you have abig vtwin and a couple of ear shattering race cans.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mizar

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
There is also the British Touring Cars ond 22nd and 23rd of August £32.00 for adults Children FREE and £25.00 camping.
Loads of racing also loads of support racing and drivers very accessable pit walk on the sunday loads of frebbies and autographs.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There is also the British Touring Cars

WARNING: TOO MANY WHEELS ERROR IN LINE 1

:Smile:

The only 4 wheeled racing approaching bikes is the old stock car racing. I've not seen since they closed Belle Vue in Manchester about 30 years ago. Brilliant format I've never seen anywhere else -- the top rated drivers start at the back -- now that really sets up a race.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back