Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Good morning......... does any funster know were the ( I think new ) Aire is in Canterbury....any info would be welcome......address.......and even better sat coordination's.

may need it as we are coming over to Yorkshire to a funeral......

Mel:thumb:

Just a quick snippet it is raining at this very moment in northern France..in the Pas de Calais region......but may only be short shower, as it has been very very hot :sin::blonde2: most of the time toooo hot to sit in for 6 weeks +

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, the aire is at the park and ride New Dover Road. Get off of the A2 onto the A2050 heading into Canterbury, 2nd exit off of roundabout, I think the 1st exit is the pub. All sign posted anyway. Loos available, water and dump. Very handy place. Jane :Smile:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi, the aire is at the park and ride New Dover Road. Get off of the A2 onto the A2050 heading into Canterbury, 2nd exit off of roundabout, I think the 1st exit is the pub. All sign posted anyway. Loos available, water and dump. Very handy place. Jane :Smile:

Thank you Jane

Just had a email from alan on MHF laneside before your reply,

Jane could you comfirm the park and ride is still ok for overnight parking....

this is the message from alan ([11:32:09] Alan Smith: The Aire at cantebury was on the park and ride site and it appears that they have now stopped overnight sleeping)...working on a alternative.

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Mel
Sheree drives past v/early in the morning regularly and see's vans parked-there so we're 99.9 % certain that all's ok to stop-over. :thumb:
If not we're about 10miles away and our drive would be available if you want-it. :thumb:
If you do pm me

cheers...nige&sheree

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel
Sheree drives past v/early in the morning regularly and see's vans parked-there so we're 99.9 % certain that all's ok to stop-over. :thumb:
If not we're about 10miles away and our drive would be available if you want-it. :thumb:
If you do pm me

cheers...nige&sheree
Hi Nige&Sheree......that will be fine, if there are m/homes on the park and ride that is ok by me and thank you for confirming what Jane had said....that was a very kind offer of your drive but we should be ok, but if I have problems I will Pm you

Thank you Mel :thumb:

I will now contact Jane, as it was very kind of her to reply :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Mel

I emailed Canterbury city council for clarification ... their reply :

Good morning and apologies for the delay in my response.
Tickets purchased at New Dover Road are valid for 24 hours from the time of entry so yes, overnight parking is still allowed.
Please be aware that the site closes at 8:30pm (one hour after the last bus ) but you can still get vehicles out at any time.
The ticket cost is still £2.50 for a vehicle and up to 6 passengers and includes travelling on all of the service buses whilst valid.

Very best regards and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Colin Perris MIPP
Senior Transportation Strategy Officer
Canterbury City Council
Military Road
Canterbury, Kent
CT1 1YW
Tel:01227 862430
colin.perris@canterbury.gov.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

parkay3560

Free Member
Jul 18, 2010
Almost Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Way to go Caterbury!!! why oh why do other municipal councils and authorities do this round the country for us? Its a shame that yet again we lag behind the continent by penalizing us motorhomers who after all, pay our road taxes and our fuel taxes and the like.

I hope that this kind of thing comes into being all over the country because we need it here!

Bessy regs

Kenny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back