Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
After driving through a couple of French Toll booths over the last couple of weeks it was very noticeable how narrow the access is when trying to drive through.

Are you allowed to use the lanes designated for trucks ?

I noticed the same at the Dartford crossing yesterday. Why not just make them a bit wider. Its obvious that people have trouble with them when you see the damage done to the barriers either side of the toll lane.

Jim
:Doh:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I know a guy who mistakenly went through one of the booths that had a height barrier on it, (they are not clearly marked), he lost his hatch covers and a solar panel plus a hefty bill from the toll company.

Doug...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Are you allowed to use the lanes designated for trucks ?

Jim
:Doh:

Yes, since I removed a door mirror in a car lane I wouldn't consider using any other now .. :roflmto:

Only exception is if the truck peage is automatic and ONLY uses a truckers card .. I think it's called 'tele- card' not sure .. but in any case I did try using this type once.. I tried the debit card but it just spat it out , ... let me tell you it was anything but fun reversing the RV and trailer out with a queue of trucks behind.. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back