Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Another thing that doesn't work on my Winnie :RollEyes:
Does anyone know anything about this system, and what it could be?

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
:RollEyes: Good place to start, should have thought of that myself :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just a guess....never had owt to do with cruise except use it.

i understand the theory...electronic speed sensing etc.... but not the mechanics :Blush:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Another common issue is the brake light switch, actually there are usually two switches, or a single witht two sets on contacts on the brake pedal. One switch or set of contacts is for the brake lights and the other for the cruise control, so check them?

I'd be supprised if this was the issue but some convertors (UK) have been known to bodge the wiring of the brake lights sufficiently to knock out the cruise, not kill it just stop it working. The thing here is the Yank system on your Winne origionally flached the stop light as an indicator and your Winne wouldn't have had amber indicator units from the factory. The standard UK 'fix' seems to be to rewire the origional stop light line for the amber additional unit and run a fresh stop light feed from the brake pedal switch hence the possibility to knock out the cruise. As said I'd be supprised if this was you issue but a area worth checking?

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Dodgey, i don't suppose you could direct me in the direction of the the fuse for the cruise?
I have 2, 4 amp fuses in the main fuse housing but they both appear to be ok.

Another thing while I'm here, the circuit breakers next to the fuse box, how do these work? I ask because i have one with inverter written below it, that is stuck in further than the others and they have a spring to them.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Fuses, lift dash and the main fuse board is on the left. I don't know which one it is but most have some kind off marking so in theory you should be able to see. If memory serves there may be an aditional legend on the isdide of the dash effectivly above the fuse box whilst holding the dash open.

Circuit breakers? You got a pic? The only circuit breaker/s I can think off are ont habitation side down the back of the van?????

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Ok here is a picture of the fuse/breaker box, the one that says inverter seems to be stuck in, does this mean it has tripped? Does the inverter charge my house batteries?:Confused:

Also I have a diagram of the cruise circuit and it shows a 4 amp fuse, the main box has 2, 4 amp fuses but they appear to be ok. Are the fuses for the cruise in a different place?

Attachments

• DSC01499.JPG
    DSC01499.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 13

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ok here is a picture of the fuse/breaker box, the one that says inverter seems to be stuck in, does this mean it has tripped? Does the inverter charge my house batteries?:Confused:

Also I have a diagram of the cruise circuit and it shows a 4 amp fuse, the main box has 2, 4 amp fuses but they appear to be ok. Are the fuses for the cruise in a different place?

don't know RV fuses but are you sure they ain't linear glass fuses....does the front unscrew to reveal a glass tube fuse.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Mine would not work, turned out to be the micro switch that puts the brake lights on. Someone told me that it might be this. I tested it by putting my foot under the brake pedal and lifting it a fraction before setting the cruise and it worked.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
OK, we have different fuse boxes between youe '93(?) and our 95, so a bit of a loss, though I can't read what the 4 amp on the upper left does?

Can't think what the invertor could mean, I know what one is but ours doesn't have such a marking or an invertor for anything, but yours does look factory?

Couple of thoughts, do you have the Winne user manual, if so does it say anything about an invertor? Probably unrelated anyway but of interest.

I'm kinda with PJ here, are they deffinatly circuit breakers or do they unscrew to revele a traditional glass fuse?

If in doubt, pull one fuse at a time and check as a thought, make sure ignition and all switchs off first though just in case, me paranoid, never:Blush:

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Mines a 92 model, It doesn't say what the 4 amp is for??
As for the breakers? They have a back that looks like a normal 2 way switch, i'll have a look later to see if there is actually anything in them.
Unfortunately no i don't have a manual, the previous owner didn't pass it on, i have seen them for sale on evilbay, but am dubious they are not the real deal.
I'll have to spend a bit more time trying to trace wires.

Thanks everyone for all the input so far, I'm sure we will get to the bottom of this eventually.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back