Aires in Marseille, Barcelona or Madrid? (1 Viewer)

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Can anyone recommend a decent Aires or overnight parking in Marseille, Barcelona or Madrid safe enough for a lone traveller and for 3 dogs? I'm buying a ticket to see my favourite rock band but the venue depends on whether or not I can park close by and 'safely' leave 3 pooches in the van. Bit of a long shot I know but you don't ask you don't get :whatthe:

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
These are the addresses of the 3 venues so anywhere reasonably close. I don't mind a good walk

Plaza de Toros de Carabanchel (1908–1996) Location C/ Utebo 1, 28025
Madrid ,Spain
or

Palau Sant Jordi
Passeig Olímpic, 5-7
08038 Barcelona
Tel. +34-93 426 20 89

or

Dock des Suds
12 rue Urbain V Marseille, 13002
France

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Personally I wouldn't park in an aire anywhere near any of your chosen locations.. all are renowned for crime .. especially as you intend to leave it unattended for quite some time.

Much better to find a camp site, then you can be reasonably sure your van will still be there when you return ..

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
As they're central locations I'm going to struggle to find a campsite aren't I? I don't intend on staying the night - just long enough to see the band :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim its supposed to have security, no idea how effective that actually is but next time we are in that area I intended to park there if it looked ok.

Olley

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Hmmm I'm already terrified about finding my way around when I don't speak the language so public transport would probably see me miles from my destination.

Van is going to be left for 2 - 2.5 hours maximum but at night sadly

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Barcelona is a tourist spot, you will find at least rudimentary English spoken by a lot of people, we got on ok getting the train from Salou and the bus from Platja de Aro a couple of years later.

Olley

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Slight change of plan :whatthe: Forget France or Spain I have just bought a ticket for the following venue in Vienna in November. Any ideas or suggestions of where I could park up and leave 3 pooches and my van in relative safety for a few hours?

Vienna Gasometers
Guglgasse 6, 1110 Vienna, Austria

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:ROFLMAO: Tell me about it. Already decided I don't like Europe enough to settle here but we're stuck until Jan 7th when the dogs passports allow us back into the UK :whatthe:

Really ? What terrible tales have you to tell. Europe is pretty big, maybe you are in the wrong place.

Does this mean you're not joining us in Zahora ?

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
We're in Germany on the way to Vienna for Nov 18th. Belgium was pretty awful once we left Ypres, bit of a shock to the system and the van has a leak so I now have the joy of no running water. I never thought I'd miss so much c**p about the UK and now I do. You live and learn ::bigsmile: I've deiced to tour the coast of Britain and Ireland and then come back out here for short visits.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We're in Germany on the way to Vienna for Nov 18th. Belgium was pretty awful once we left Ypres, bit of a shock to the system and the van has a leak so I now have the joy of no running water. I never thought I'd miss so much c**p about the UK and now I do. You live and learn ::bigsmile: I've deiced to tour the coast of Britain and Ireland and then come back out here for short visits.

I thought most of Belgium was pretty awful - for goodness sake the EU is there.

From Vienna head south to Triest then Venice ( Lido di Jesolo good ). Then Garda, though it might be a bit late in the year but it's en route to Spain. So route Milan, Genoa, Monacco, Nice, Cannes etc.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I thought most of Belgium was pretty awful - for goodness sake the EU is there.

Ypres was lovely - people and place but a lot of Brits there doing the WW1 battlefields etc. After that they were just miserable and I couldn't drive over the border quick enough :shout:

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Good one next to the concert hall in Marseille very safe stay all night,, french police us it for crowd controll busses they travell in, also the tea waggon for them, once got free food n drink from them ???:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: p/s long way to see the nolan sisters :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: super tramp may be

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Good one next to the concert hall in Marseille very safe stay all night,, french police us it for crowd controll busses they travell in, also the tea waggon for them, once got free food n drink from them ???:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: p/s long way to see the nolan sisters :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: super tramp may be

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Just thought Vienna would be a bit nicer than Birmingham or Newcastle :winky:

We'll be returning to the UK in Jan so it had better be worth the trip.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just thought Vienna would be a bit nicer than Birmingham

We've done the arena in Brum a few times, it's great. The area around the canal is as good as it gets and once it was Christmas Market time and that was just like being in Germany. Brum is a much underrated city.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
We've done the arena in Brum a few times, it's great. The area around the canal is as good as it gets and once it was Christmas Market time and that was just like being in Germany. Brum is a much underrated city.

It's where I'm from :ROFLMAO:

Mohawk Dave

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Funster No
Hi the official Aire is north of the city it is near the tram so its perfect for seeing the city. It is 20 Euros per night or it was in August and is full of burger vans and trailers etc. Their was vans parked on a gravel carpark slightly closer to the city but we didnt fancy it. We parked about 30k north in an aire with the nicest beech just the other side of the rail track which runs along the coast spoiling what could be a lovely coastline

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back