Gaslow fitting - recommendations needed (1 Viewer)

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Can anyone recommend where to get Gaslow fitted in the Hull/Yorkshire area? I'm leaving the Midlands (thankfully) on Friday and heading up that way to spend a bit of time getting used to my van and introducing my new dogs to their new life on the road before heading across the channel.
The bloke who was going to fit it for me has let me down big time so I'd ge grateful if anyone can recommend someone/somewhere. He'd talked about fitting 1 x 11kg bottle to run alongside a camping gaz bottle.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can anyone recommend where to get Gaslow fitted in the Hull/Yorkshire area? I'm leaving the Midlands (thankfully) on Friday and heading up that way .

CLS is logged as being at the Wrenbury meet over the weekend - try a PM he might be able to do something for you there. It's not a big job. We have the same kit but with calor not camping gaz.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
CLS is logged as being at the Wrenbury meet over the weekend - try a PM he might be able to do something for you there. It's not a big job. We have the same kit but with calor not camping gaz.

Sorry I'm being dumb but tried a PM but it says name CLS not found - what am I doing wrong?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

T

TomTee

Deleted User
Dick Lane Motorhomes in Bradford did a good job for me with my Gaslow installation. Bradford may be in Yorkshire but it's a long way from Hull though. Depends just where you're going I suppose!

Phone them on 01274 661441

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Sorry I'm being dumb but tried a PM but it says name CLS not found - what am I doing wrong?

you have to try C.L.S put the full stops in. Have you got the bottle and fitting kit already? it really is very simple job. If you haven't got the bits two local suppliers to the B&B have them in stock.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Thanks I'll try again.

I haven't got any of the bits required as blokey this end was getting a price from gaslow though I had got a rough idea of cost from motorcaravanning.co.uk with the list he'd given me.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks I'll try again.

I haven't got any of the bits required as blokey this end was getting a price from gaslow though I had got a rough idea of cost from motorcaravanning.co.uk with the list he'd given me.

I think we bought from there 3 years ago. Good service and price. I'm sure you could get them delivered to the Cotton Arms since time is tight.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I think we bought from there 3 years ago. Good service and price. I'm sure you could get them delivered to the Cotton Arms since time is tight.

be as cheap to buy at spinneys or leisure sales to gauruntee delivery:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks I'll try again.

Look at the top of the page Community+ then Members then C which gets

• About C.L.S LocationMidlandsMotorhome typeCoachbuiltMotorhome ModelSwiftYears as a MotorhomerNot long enough
  • Signature www.central-leisure-services.co.uk

Swift group approved engineer, for all your service and warranty work.

Established and fully EXPERIENCED engineer.

Motorhome Servicing & Repairs , Solar Panels , Satellite TV , Vehicle Security , Modifications......WE COME TO YOU ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Wish I'd posted earlier as he's only a few miles away but I move to Hull on Friday for a few weeks so won't have time to get it done here.
Thanks anyway.

eric 83

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30+yrs
try autogas 2000 thirsk nth yorks 01845 523213 we have bought a couple of tanks etc. of them and they are very helpful

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to Steve (Ash) from Homeserve who today came up North to fit my Gaslow system. The day didn't really go as planned thanks to my being given the wrong parts list by a fitter who let me down badly but after a few hours the job was done and I can now tour Europe knowing I can get a steady supply of LPG.

I can now tick this major hurdle off my 'to do ' list and get on with the little things like doggy passports and packing :thumb:
It was worth subscribing just to show my appreciation ::bigsmile:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to Steve (Ash) from Homeserve who today came up North to fit my Gaslow system. The day didn't really go as planned thanks to my being given the wrong parts list by a fitter who let me down badly but after a few hours the job was done and I can now tour Europe knowing I can get a steady supply of LPG.

I can now tick this major hurdle off my 'to do ' list and get on with the little things like doggy passports and packing :thumb:
It was worth subscribing just to show my appreciation ::bigsmile:

No problem , thanks for the feed back :thumb:

Ash:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I can now tour Europe knowing I can get a steady supply of LPG.

Not quite so steady in Spain - you are warned.

And it seems some dumb French filling stations may give you a hard time according to a recent post, but no matter there are so many of them you soon find another.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back