o3 dongle (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
just got 03 dongle 20 pounds with 1gig 30days intend to use it up scotland anyone have one any comments

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
just got 03 dongle 20 pounds with 1gig 30days intend to use it up scotland anyone have one any comments

Hi, I was up at Scourie in May, dongle no good up there, same at Arisaig, stopped at Loch Lomond on the way home and it worked fantastic, even used video on Skype. So It's a case of location and a bit of pot luck. I would think the further north you go, the less likely you are to get a signal.

good luck :thumb:

John

Upvote 0

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
if you mean a 3g dongle, then I can tell you that you will get a signal 'sometimes', but do not hold your breath. We have just had 2 weeks all round scotland, and unless we were close to a small town we just did not get a signal, not even a weak one.

If you mean an O2 dongle, I can not say how that will work. My suggestion if you have a 3g, or O@ now, is to also maybe get a Vodaphone dongle, as I know there were travellers we met in Scotland that did have luck when we did not.

Hope that helps.

Adge

Upvote 0

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Just got shut of my "3" as couldn't get a signal in East Sussex, Parts Of Lancashire. Very patchy so now use O2, goes where no other goes.:ROFLMAO:

DON

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
Just got shut of my "3" as couldn't get a signal in East Sussex, Parts Of Lancashire. Very patchy so now use O2, goes where no other goes.:ROFLMAO:

DON

I had a vodafone which hardly ever worked, changed to a Payg o2 and it works fine nearly everywhere I go. But back to the original question, will it work in scotland , probably not; However whilst up in Scotland 3 years ago I was parked on the shore line adjacent to Dunvegan Castle and at exactly 2300 every evenning I got a wireless signal that was off the scale, that lasted a full 5 mins. I mentioned it to a local shop keeper that informed me that the Scotish Parliment were trying to get an Internet system throughout the Highlands on Wireless, utilising the many masts on the Emegency Services Buildings dotted around the Coastline and this was a test signal sent out everynight by them. Now wether this is now working or has died a death I have no idea but it might be worth finding out if going up that way

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Google map for 3 network coverage .. zoom in to where you plan to go

Link Removed

Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
if you mean a 3g dongle, then I can tell you that you will get a signal 'sometimes', but do not hold your breath. We have just had 2 weeks all round scotland, and unless we were close to a small town we just did not get a signal, not even a weak one.

If you mean an O2 dongle, I can not say how that will work. My suggestion if you have a 3g, or O@ now, is to also maybe get a Vodaphone dongle, as I know there were travellers we met in Scotland that did have luck when we did not.

Hope that helps.

Adge

Been all over Scotland no problems anywhere with Vodaphone

Bill

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread