LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Not quite sure where in France we are heading for our summer holidays, but probably the alps after visiting this mountain campsite http://www.chalain.com/en/prices.htm

However I am thinking of going to the alps to try and get to the highest Village in the Alps/France.

no not to try my new solar panel :ROFLMAO:
Having only been to the Alps in the winter with skis attached to me, I wonder if any funsters have done any touring the alps in the summer? Any ideas of places to visit etc would be nice. TIA

Paul & Nikki.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Not quite sure where in France we are heading for our summer holidays, but probably the alps after visiting this mountain campsite http://www.chalain.com/en/prices.htm

However I am thinking of going to the alps to try and get to the highest Village in the Alps/France.

no not to try my new solar panel :ROFLMAO:
Having only been to the Alps in the winter with skis attached to me, I wonder if any funsters have done any touring the alps in the summer? Any ideas of places to visit etc would be nice. TIA

Paul & Nikki.

Yes Paul , we drove to Les Deux Alps , both winter and Summer, you can also ski in the morns (ski lifts only open in the morns) and play golf in the afternoon, lots of hill walking there, campsite at Venosc,
there used to be a campsite as you entered Les 2 Alps but it may have been closed down now, we have been in winter about 6 times lots to do there.. great place :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not quite sure where in France we are heading for our summer holidays, but probably the alps
Paul & Nikki.

Swiss alps are great and a similar distance. Big water park a bit south of Montreux with campsite next to it and proper hills. You can loop back to Chamonix via Martigny without paying the Mt Blanc toll.

Things to do:
Trummelbach, Pitz Gloria ( pretend you are Boon, James Bond ), Jungfraujoch railway, Aiguile du Midi.

http://www.aquaparc.ch/

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Swiss alps are great and a similar distance. Big water park a bit south of Montreux with campsite next to it and proper hills. You can loop back to Chamonix via Martigny without paying the Mt Blanc toll.

Things to do:
Trummelbach, Pitz Gloria ( pretend you are Boon, James Bond ), Jungfraujoch railway, Aiguile du Midi.

Thanks Brian thats us sorted, do you know the name of the site next to the waterpark?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
So Im now going to update my question, any one know any top class campsites around lake Geneva::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09

Things to do:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I knew the water park would swing it , but Paul you wanted some good hills to climb, some of the les 2 alpes ones would really get you going the ...tiny icy ledges::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Yep, cant wait now, starting at Bernie riviera for a couple of days and the French holiday party then on to the campsite I mentioned before heading off for Lake Geneva and its wares.

I love some of the places Brian has put up, I must get to that Needle thing and put a motorhome fun flag on it. :beerchug::coolthumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I love some of the places Brian has put up, I must get to that Needle thing and put a motorhome fun flag on it. :beerchug::coolthumb:

Everyone needs to do this once before they die.

You come out of the top cable car and it's errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gasping for breath. Then the cold hits you. 20 deg in Chamonix to -4 at the top. This is one serious trip. Then anyone with any hint of engineering starts to think HTF did they build this place ?

At the other end of the scale - Trummelbach and what nature can do given a bit of time.

Glorious little campsite in the middle of Chamonix opposite the hospital.

Another MUST I'd forgotten, Maennlichen - longest cable car in Europe, allegedly. View from top is stunning, looking way down on ski resort Crans-montana - Grndelwald. No-one does hills like the Swiss.

Lausanne and Montreux the only thought is "how do they afford these places". Or to put it another way "if you need to ask the price...."

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Paul. on the way back we stayed for a couple of days at this campsite on the shores of Lake Geneva near Thonon Les Bains

http://www.disdille.com/-ENGLISH-.html
It is a 50 metre walk through a park to lake beach with pedalos, you can cycle or jog to the port , get the bus to thonon centre (and take Tara on it), there are castles to visit. The pitches were huge, toilet block spotless with hot water for everything. The supermarket has a good range but pricier than the local ones in town.
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back