Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Carol and our son Alex is taking Sophie to be spayed tomorrow.

I don't want to go with them as she is a nervous dog, and i don't want her to think i am leaving her there.

We have built up quite a bond in the eight months we have had her and i love her to bits.

I will try and finish work early so i can go and pick her up.

I just hope everything goes ok.

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Had all our bitches spayed and had no problems at all. She'll still be the same dog that she was before, but she might think twice about getting in the car with the others:Eeek: Contrary to popular belief her personality won't change.
My husband isn't in favour of having our dog collie done as he thinks it will change him. But he only has one testicle so depending on where the other one is it might turn cancerous later on. I think the other reason he doesn't like the idea is that he wouldn't like it done to himself!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I;m sure all will be well and it will save here being mithered by male dogs when out on walks in the future so you can relax more. Let us know how Sophie is.:Smile:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Had to have buster done at six mnths
tuppence came into season not a healthy pregnancy
for bro and sister both recovered within a day or two
of being home
I was done after the birth of our daughter I just couldn't
face another child after she nearlychocked in my arms
at a fortnight old and would not feed if she was awake
had to get her to sleep first still fusy eater 30 years later

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I did not sleep the night before I took my dog in, worried all day, brought her home she looked drunk. I stayed with her curled up next to her that night and by 4 oclock the next morning she was wanting to play and eat she was fine you would not know she had anything done so I would say the only one it will bother is you

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Everything will be fine and she will not even feel sorry for herself for long, they do not dwell on these things. Had Zoe done and never regretted it and our previous girl Judy was not done, when she was about 8 she got mammary tumours which required two big operations, I found out at that time that bitches who have been spayed almost never get the same problem, for that reason alone it seems worthwhile getting them done! I would like to point out that the ops were at a time when you could find independent vets, who did not ask about insurance, that did not require tests, tests, tests before diagnosis and charged a fair price. Those were the days! Jane :)

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Sophie is now back home and she is asleep on her bed and everything went well.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
thanks for the info Billy I felt guilty making my dog have the op when she was well but it is what all Vets recommend for a healthy dog:thumb:

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
thanks for the info Billy I felt guilty making my dog have the op when she was well but it is what all Vets recommend for a healthy dog:thumb:

Hi jhorsf
I know what you mean the day before the operation she was jumping around everywhere
wanting to play then the day she came home after the op she just lay there looking sad i didn't half feel guilty.

We havent half made a fuss of her and she is making the most of it.

But two days on she is alot better and getting back to how she was.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Floyd's Girl

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Bracknell, Berkshire
Funster No
Exp
Many years as a caravanner, 4 months in a mhome & loving it!
You'll never regret having it done.

I had my Choccy Lab, Buffy, done immediately after her first season - she was allergic to the stitches and went through 10 days of torture, and now absolutely hates going to the vets - she's even known as Buffy the Vet Slayer as she barks the place down.

All our other dogs have recovered after a day or so, and you wouldn't know they'd even had a major operation.

If only we could recover that quickly! ::bigsmile:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Haven't got a dog but have had 2 cats done and they were fine. Glad to know yout treasure is fine now.
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back