how much use (no full-timers) (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
apart form the "lucky" full timers how much use do you get out of your m/h,

Ive done every other weekend since april (apart from 1) till now and will do same apart from 1 plus 2 full weeks till end of Oct, then hopefully about 4 w/e's over the winter months, my weekends are 3 nighters so that a fair amount of sleeps in the m/h

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
So far this year I've had a couple of weekends and three weeks out of the last six away!

Usually long weekends and aiming for more this year with Funster meets.

46 nights away last year between April and November.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
We've had about about ix days out together so far. I've had a weekend on my own and we are planning to have a week away in August (just looking for inspiration)

Will be trying to use it a lot more next year as we have really enjoyed what we have done.

Will be trying to do some rallies but we find it difficult as we won't "wild" camp and I wil be busy with an Ma to Phd:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Over 6 of the last 12 months away in the van. Had it two years and done 23000 miles so far.

Might be less now as focasing on work for a while:Sad:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Normally manage about 3 to 4 months each year since we retired, have to make use of it.

Most of which we take in Scotland in 6 week trips.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We've had about about ix days out together so far. I've had a weekend on my own and we are planning to have a week away in August (just looking for inspiration)

Will be trying to use it a lot more next year as we have really enjoyed what we have done.

Will be trying to do some rallies but we find it difficult as we won't "wild" camp and I wil be busy with an Ma to Phd:thumb:

there are one or two rallies and shows where you can pay for ehu if you need it, Shepton Mallet being 1 in september.
We rarely use ehu and infact apart from running from the genny to recharge the battery (1 battery had died so needed genny at prestwold - have now bought 2 new batteries) have yet to try proper ehu with our unit. At a rally or a show we manage well with 12v power and only thing not able to be used is the microwave, but we run tv,digi box computor all on the 12v system.

Try it its fun at a rally or show just read some of the threads, its not hard to survive on 12v power and most shows have shower/toilet , fresh water and dump facilities provided

Sep 28, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 765
Exp
Since 2006
Hi all,
We try to do 3 weekends a month between April and November plus a week in UK and 3 weeks in France. Not long till France now - 21st July!!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Regards
Cam.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We've had 3 5day mid-week breaks, 3 weeks in France and one week Shropshire/Wales. Daughter had a week in Norfolk, son having week beginning July and we are off mid July to Scotland for a couple of weeks. Hope to do a few weeks in France in September. I want it to be used as much as possible to justify the cost. I'd love to do a couple of rallies but it is matching up dates that is my problem. Think it would be great fun.
Ivy

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
We have only managed to get away for Christmas/New Year and about 3 x 2 day breaks since we bought it last November:Sad: :Sad:

But hoping to go away to France/Spain for 5 weeks in October and to tour England for a few weeks in Dec/Jan. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I only work 3 days a week but I work all over the UK.
If we can arrange it, Lucy and the kids follow in the van and we stay a week on a campsite.

I can also take as much holiday as we choose.

We are at the point where coming home is a real bind, all that unpacking and settling back into bedrooms.

When we can afford it, we are 80% van, 20% house.
We are working on the percentages!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

perhaps you should have included full timers, they may live in a van, but not all travel a lot ..

anyways..

prior to our full time travelling we used our Euro van every other week end in the UK and at every school holiday to either France , Spain or Germany.

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
we will manage 11 weeks and the odd weekends this year which is pretty good as work full time , we do average 60- 80 hour weeks most of the weeks we work, motorhome will also do about 4 weeks for work this year as well

Floyd's Girl

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Bracknell, Berkshire
Funster No
Exp
Many years as a caravanner, 4 months in a mhome & loving it!
Last year, when caravanning, we were out every other weekend, until this year when we spent a lot of time working on the house.

We moved to a motorhome as we found we didn't want to make time for caravanning as I was fed up with setting up and Martin was fed up with packing away - sooooo, since getting the mhome, we've been away just about every other weekend, and will spend two weeks in Norfolk in August.

Martin is now going into a number of shifts when he only has one day off a weekend, and I have loads of "friends" things planned.

We hardly get away in September due to my job, but we do go away all year round.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Our promice to ourselves when we finished work while we could we would so this year in April 1st Camarthen (and Wildmans excellent Carmartghen Show)
from there we
Newgale S.Wales - Camp site by beach

Solva excellent wild camping

St Davids (Leigher Meadows) very good CC site

Vine Yard Nr Lawrenny

Pendine Sands (Wild Camping)

Laugharne (Dylan Thomas Country)

Fresh Water East CC

Tenby (Haven site at £10 a night) special offer

Cardiff (very good council site in convenient setting)

Bath ( taking in JJ's brilliant comedy walk)

Newbury show

Longleat House CC (very good site well worth a visit)

Stratford on Avon

This took us up to 7th June

Then we came home for a few days before going to the great escape at Prestwold

Then Home for a few days

Tomorrow off for the week to Llangollen for the International Esteddfodd

Then home until the Tall ships in Hartlepool then continuing on with a tour of Scotland.

Our idea was while we can we will so thats what we try to do.

As I say getting old has to have some advantages. ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Honestly got no idea.. Mo and me have been out just about every time we can and have just lost count.. Lets say a lot and leave it at that ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Due to me being a shift worker we cant get away every weekend but as Lorraine works at school we tend to go away 2 weeks easter 4 weeks summer and 2 october and also do a good few weekends away also. We also use ours for daytrips as we only stay about 5 miles from seaside we tend to just jump in mh head for seaside have a bbq and walk the dog sometime we are away for 12 hours so relaxing.

Gerry

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
now includes full timers

it seems we all get pleanty of use then, I seem to be an average of above posts,

so lets turn to full timers who are lurking on this thread so they dont fell left out

Q: fulltimers how ofton do you MOVE from pleace to place, as oppossed to full-timing static

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
it seems we all get pleanty of use then, I seem to be an average of above posts,

so lets turn to full timers who are lurking on this thread so they dont fell left out

Q: fulltimers how ofton do you MOVE from pleace to place, as oppossed to full-timing static

Nearly every day Seb... don't want them to catch up with me...

JJ :Cool:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Ive done every other weekend since april (apart from 1) till now and will do same apart from 1 plus 2 full weeks till end of Oct, then hopefully about 4 w/e's over the winter months, my weekends are 3 nighters so that a fair amount of sleeps in the m/h
Use it every day 52 weeks each year for something. Shopping taking rubbish to tip, anything from B&Q or the like bricks cement decking boards window frames etc. Also 2weeks Holland, 1 week Italy and many long weekends in UK. We also have numerous days out picnic barbi at the local NT area at Ashridge or just drive to southend or Bournemouth for breakfast on a Sunday and fill the fridge for a picnic if the fancy takes us. I also tow a Pennine if we take the family or friends with us. That has 4 good beds and very comfortable indeed.
We also have a few weeks in hotels each year, complete change from camp sites but always take the van, perfect for touring the local areas. :thumb:

Last edited:

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
We have been motorhoming for well over 20 years and only owned 2 motorhomes in that time (our present Hymer and an old CRV). As time goes on, we find we travel more and more!! :roflmto: Enjoy it more than ever and return from one trip, already planning another.
We also use the MH for days out, cook lunch in it, take the 3 yorkies etc.
We travel to Spain every year and planning Southern Ireland for Xmas and N Year.....
I would say that we are away more than we are home? :winky:
ps ...sorry, am not a fulltimer but I missed this post until now!! :Doh:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
No enough:cry:

Work though essential get thouroughly in the way:Angry:

We do try for twice a month but just at the moment we can't.

Next year hopefully a different story, and the year after:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back