Blue Ray Player (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Help just purchased a Sony b/r player hooked it up via Sony speaker system all hdmi conn no sound from the theater system just the TV help

Bill :cry::cry::cry:

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
how is the speaker system connected to the br player??

hdmi lead fron br player out to speaker sysem in from there to tv with hdmi lead picture no problem sound no problem from tv

Thanks

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Sound like a stupid question but you have turned on the speaker system and turned up the volume??

You may need to change a setting on the speaker system so it accepts the sound from the hdmi input and not from the scart or phono inputs, have you checked if the settings need changing??

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Assuming that it uses the Sony X-bar menu system, go to the left-hand option to select 'System Settings'.

Move down the menu and you'll find the Audio Options, this is where you'll need to un-select HDMI as your preferred Audio.

I'm not in front of my TV at the moment, when I get home later I'll double check the actual menu layout in case I've made a mistake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Assuming that it uses the Sony X-bar menu system, go to the left-hand option to select 'System Settings'.

Move down the menu and you'll find the Audio Options, this is where you'll need to un-select HDMI as your preferred Audio.

I'm not in front of my TV at the moment, when I get home later I'll double check the actual menu layout in case I've made a mistake.

I don't understand i want to use hdmi why should i un-select it sorry if I'm missing something

Thanks

Bill:cry:

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
What model number is your Theatre Sound System?

Fixed i lost the post about seperate phono leads so Big thanks so here it is hdmi lead from bl/rae player direct to tv then phono leads from bl/rae player to theatre system
Thanks to all

Bill:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Fixed i lost the post about seperate phono leads so Big thanks so here it is hdmi lead from bl/rae player direct to tv then phono leads from bl/rae player to theatre system
Thanks to all

Bill:thumb::thumb::thumb:

That'll keep you going but you should be able to get better sound if you theatre system has an HDMI in/out (or maybe optical?)

I'm taking this as a challenge (I have a 'thing' about technology beating me ::bigsmile:) and I'll take another look.

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Ah Ah ! It could be a Bravia Sync hic-cup, have a look at page 41 of this sony manual

Link Removed

It is all set up with Bravia sync and works a treat i think i will purchase a optical lead for better sound quality if i remember rightly i had to do the same for my old dvd ie separate phono leads thanks again worth the £12.00 just for that

Bill

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Has he charged you £12 for that answer:Doh: