Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi all,

In previous years years when I have attended the Shepton Mallet rally there have been vouchers in the local papers for a discount to get on to the grounds, and I have used them to get in on a daily basis.

As I have never used the vouchers to get my Motor home in I have no idea if its possible to use them in this way, can anyone shed some light on the question?

Doug...

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
So are you saying that you will be paying on the gate? or pre booking?

If pre booking I would not of thought using vouchers was an option, but other shows Ive attended with vouchers in the past have accepted them on the gate.

Ps,
You are the last person I expected to subscibe, but so glad you did. Wouldn't be the same if we all were:Eeek:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
So are you saying that you will be paying on the gate? or pre booking?

If pre booking I would not of thought using vouchers was an option, but other shows Ive attended with vouchers in the past have accepted them on the gate.

Ps,
You are the last person I expected to subscibe, but so glad you did. Wouldn't be the same if we all were:Eeek:

As I said I'm not sure how the vouchers can be used, but what I am looking at is the possibility that the vouchers may be cheaper that pre booking.

As to being the last person you expected to subscribe; What can I say, I am often in a minority with my opinions, at least with the people that respond to my posts, but that has never bothered me, what does bother me when people don't agree with my opinion then proceed to get personal with veiled insults, that only shows that they are unable to debate the subject, but that's the penalty I have to pay if I want to bring up subjects that I believe to be important.

I really do believe our society is sick and I really would like to do something to improve it, as I am powerless do anything directly the only way I can influence things is to get people to think about the things that are wrong in the hope that they too will see what I see.

You obviously don't know me so its not surprising that you should think that I would be the last person that would subscribe, but thanks for the welcome if that's what it was.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Im sure it was doug after all by your own admission you do get 'shot down' a lot for your opinion, im glad you stayed too

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Im sure it was doug after all by your own admission you do get 'shot down' a lot for your opinion, im glad you stayed too

Were did I say that I have been "shot down", being "shot down" to me is being proved wrong, I have never been proved wrong on this forum, I do admit that I am often in a minority but that not the same as being proved wrong!

Doug...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all,
Doug...

WHAT ?

You've paid up without declaring it a capitalist plot to enrich Jim beyond his wildest dreams ?

You're not going soft on us are you Doug ?

What next, a volunteer job in the NHS to help them over their difficult times or become a Community Police Officer ?

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
WHAT ?

You've paid up without declaring it a capitalist plot to enrich Jim beyond his wildest dreams ?

You're not going soft on us are you Doug ?

What next, a volunteer job in the NHS to help them over their difficult times or become a Community Police Officer ?

I'll just take that as one of you normal insults shall I!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
that only shows that they are unable to debate the subject, but that's the penalty I have to pay if I want to bring up subjects that I believe to be important.
Doug...

You're a cunning old bird with your posts, from memory, you often just drop a minor bombshell designed to be controversial then take no part in the fall-out.

But it has to be said, the world *needs* people who will stand up and shout "that's not right".

The trouble with you is that you seem fixated on the Police and the NHS. The majority prefer highlighting the limitations of politicians and footballers who are fair game but we need the Police and we need the NHS so far more controversial.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'll just take that as one of you normal insults shall I!

You can take it as an insult, but really just a bit of FUN. I never insult anyone intentionally, if I had that contempt for anyone I would just ignore them.

God knows what any hard working coppers or NHS people think of some of your posts.

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
You're a cunning old bird with your posts, from memory, you often just drop a minor bombshell designed to be controversial then take no part in the fall-out.

But it has to be said, the world *needs* people who will stand up and shout "that's not right".

The trouble with you is that you seem fixated on the Police and the NHS. The majority prefer highlighting the limitations of politicians and footballers who are fair game but we need the Police and we need the NHS so far more controversial.

I take no part after people like you start with the insults, as to the subjects, the police and the health service are two of the biggest organisations that have the biggest effect on EVERY ones live, so why should they not be discussed.

Politicians are a possible subject, football, not for me.

This will be my last reply, its all yours.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Were did I say that I have been "shot down", being "shot down" to me is being proved wrong, I have never been proved wrong on this forum, I do admit that I am often in a minority but that not the same as being proved wrong!

Doug...

just a figure of speach doug round here it doesnt mean being proved wrong

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I take no part after people like you start with the insults, so why should they not be discussed.
This will be my last reply, its all yours.

You're very touchy.

That joke when you went into great details of bowel problems and I said "we all knew you were a pain in the bum". 10,000 people saw it as a giggle, but took it personally. I could not delete it as very politely requested because the system prevented me. Feel free to poke fun at this poor olde farte any time, others do.

Lighten up Doug, I don't mean you any harm, if I have commented vigorously on some of your posts it was probably when you were feeding us your attacks on the Police and NHS just about every night.

Think FUN Doug and respect for still being here when others have flounced off "in principle".

£12 isn't for Jim. £12 is to keep a group of FUN loving people together, many don't seem to get that picture.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back