What do you use to check for Spyware (1 Viewer)

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

What do you use for your Anti-Virus Software and your Anti-Spyware Software

I use AVG Free edition as Anti-Virus and Microsoft Defender free edition for Spyware

Brian

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Ad Aware & Avast both FREE::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
According to the nerdy nerds i talk to for complete protection you will need!
AVG anti-virus!
Spybot search and destroy!
Ad Aware!
Spyware Guard!
and Spyware Blaster!
Spybot and Ad Aware are after infection programs!
Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster are active programs to prevent infection!

All are free and available at this site!
http://www.majorgeeks.com/

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Windows defender is unfortunately not up to the job.

I do use it, however, in conjunction with Avast, Spybot, Spyblaster , all of which are free, and which together provide as comprehensive package as I'll need.

Never had a virus, so never needed to find out how good Avast is at removal :Smile:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Zonealarm internet security suite is a good package offering a/v, spyware removal and a firewall.

It's neither free nor expensive.

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have a product key for Zone Alarm Pro so it is free if anyone wants it!:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Thanks ralph, got it sorted now :thanks2: :thumb:

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, Everyone

Thanks for the advice, I have downloaded "Spyware Search and Destroy" - "Adware 2007" and "PC Tools Spyware Doctor"

PC Tools downloaded fine but wouldn't remove any infections unless i purchased it, however what was very interesting was that when I went to remove it, it offered me a free cut down version which appears to work fine. Just thought I would mention it as when I ran the orginal downloaded copy it was the only program to find a number of problems all of the others said there was no problems.

Hope that helps

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Enodreven,

I do not know of ANY programs that offer a free service which DOESN'T highlight things that cannot be fixed unless you purchase the full version.

There is rarely, if ever, a real problem.

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, Papa Smurf

All of my Virus/spware type programs are free and they all fix the problems they find, including NOW the PC Tools spyware doctor (Starter edition which is free)

Hope that helps

Enodreven,

I do not know of ANY programs that offer a free service which DOESN'T highlight things that cannot be fixed unless you purchase the full version.

There is rarely, if ever, a real problem.

Harley Dave

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Overton, Hants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
<1
Hi, Everyone

PC Tools downloaded fine but wouldn't remove any infections unless i purchased it, however what was very interesting was that when I went to remove it, it offered me a free cut down version which appears to work fine. Just thought I would mention it as when I ran the orginal downloaded copy it was the only program to find a number of problems all of the others said there was no problems.

Hope that helps

Isn't this known as "Scareware" which scares you into believing you have a problem so you buy the product to remove something only it can find and - miraculously - it removes it? :Eeek:

A bit like the Sun reporting "WWII bomber found on Moon" then, when challenged, suddenly "WWII bomber disappears from Moon" :winky:

Cheers

Dave

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, Dave

I think you are about right ?? I often wonder that about the virus software makers also where are all of these super intelligent people who keep creating these new and even more deadlier virus's i would have thought if they were that good they would have jobs in the industry ?? OR PERHAPS THEY ALREADY HAVE

makes you think dosen't it, a little paranior is suposed to be good for you isn't it ? LoL :ROFLMAO:

Isn't this known as "Scareware" which scares you into believing you have a problem so you buy the product to remove something only it can find and - miraculously - it removes it? :Eeek:

A bit like the Sun reporting "WWII bomber found on Moon" then, when challenged, suddenly "WWII bomber disappears from Moon" :winky:

Cheers

Dave

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Grisoft (AVG) also produce a very good anti spyware AVGAS ( not aircraft fuel ::bigsmile: ) and there is a free version like their antivirus

Phil.

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Sometimes I wish I had a windoze machine so I could contribute and share in all this fun...

.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hi i must get a mac again :Blush: :Doh: my last one was a performa450:ROFLMAO:

the mac photo software got a good write up on the gadget show though!!!

ray

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi agv antivirus adaware se & spybot ive used these for a couple of years with no problems:Cool: all free on download .com::bigsmile:

mark

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back