Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi guys just back from southern France, I was surprised to find that the beach parking has been all but stopped at Sete.
There is a new road under construction that takes you away from the beach the other side of the railway.
There also appears to be a new camp site under construction, so it may be that the intention is to make some money from the would be free parking on the beach.
It certainly was not the same as driving past all those motorhomes on the front.

Tony

May 22, 2008
Funster No
What a shame, fbulousplace to overnight that was, Oh well, been there and done that.:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• js_aires104.jpg
    js_aires104.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 56
  • js_aires109.jpg
    js_aires109.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 51

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi guys just back from southern France, I was surprised to find that the beach parking has been all but stopped at Sete.

Tony

Thanks for the update Tony

there was a rumour last year that this had happened .. shame :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2008
Funster No
We only had one night on the beach road as we noticed that all the vans were leaving in the evening, we found out why ,as the night progressed cars were travelling the road at speed and it was quite noisy and rocky as they went by, so the next evening we followed the convoy into the nearby town where everyone was parking up for the night , there was water and toilet dump available there, next morning we all returned to the beach parking area for the day. I wonder if the town parking is still available, there were vans everywhere.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
There is (or was) a new Aire at the island at the end of the long beach straight.

I stayed there for a few nights, proper job with marked bays and hard surface. No water or toilet disposal though.

Hallii

traveller

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
There is (or was) a new Aire at the island at the end of the long beach straight.

I stayed there for a few nights, proper job with marked bays and hard surface. No water or toilet disposal though.

Hallii[/QUOTE

No water but a nice little van arrives each evening with plenty of wine for sale.

Traveller

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
There is a new road under construction that takes you away from the beach the other side of the railway.
There also appears to be a new camp site under construction, so it may be that the intention is to make some money from the would be free parking on the beach.
It certainly was not the same as driving past all those motorhomes on the front.

Tony

Thanks for the update, we are off to this area tommorrow.

S

serinastar

Deleted User
Hi, just saw these posts on Sete, going there with kids to visit my mother for a few days in August, I have only been there once before on foot, not with camper, so any advice on places to park up overnight would be very gratefully recieved. It's great to know there was one on the beach but it's gone now, typical!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back