Wales.... (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Right, we don't move without a plan, 28 RV silly to risk 'winging it' and seeing where we end up, or is it????

Our little Scotish trips plan landed us in a site we just didn't like, nothing wrong with it just didn't like it so we up sticks the following morning dispite being payed up for 4 nights and had no problem finding a much better one.

So, we're off to the Shepton show in September and plan to rattle into Wales after for the week. Looking in the big sites book (C&CC) and our map the shows campsites the place is littered with them. Anyone had an issue finding a site in the September part of the year? We're thinking, we've only got a week but, Gower penincular, St David's then either up to Aberystwith (ish) and round or back and up through the Brecon Beacons, heading back to Brum you see.

I (we, SWMBO's coming round to the idea) feel a new more random phase of our MHing coming on:thumb:

PS I get the fun idea of wilding it but it's not for us in the UK, if we get stuck it's a solution but not our thing. Planning Europe, well France initially in the next couple of years and that will be a different story, aires here we come:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
After the summer holidays West Wales is full of empty campsites, you don't need to plan too much. Some lovely wild camping slots will be empty too.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
If you are not familiar with Pembrokeshire then let your plans give you the freedom to stay a while, the coastline has to be one of the UK's best, make sure you see the "Bitches" at full tide as the water races through.

Some of the road around the coast are a little narrow but I have never had a problem with our 21 footer.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back