Caravan @ mo
Exp
10+
Hillside Caravan Club Tel: 01980 862527

Andover Road
Lopcombe
Salisbury
Wiltshire SP5 1BY
This is quite close to Middle Wallop, you have to be a member cc though. If thats not of any help I do know of a pub where you would be able to park in the nicely kept field behind, they have access to water and a drain to empty slops ( out of pub hours ),its about 5 miles on main road from MW, pm me if you want the details:thumb:

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Here's another one. Never used it so can't comment on the facilities.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lez17

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Hampshire England
Funster No
MH
Caravan @ mo
Exp
10+
Wyke Down lovely. Large pub/resturant excellent food I go there often just for a meal, has facilites, nothing too special but clean and usable I believe, little further to Wallop but all main road accesable:thumb:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Suzy,

There are lots and lots of Army bases in the Andover/Salisbury area!

I can thoroughly recommend this place:

Link Removed

Paul the landlord is a great guy and has recently put in a toilet and shower block that we used a couple of weekends at the beer festival.

Cost is ÂŁ10 a night to include electric.

Best regards

Chris

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Never quite heard the Army Air Corps Centre at Middle Wallop, home of our finest army aviators, called the Andover Army Camp before...:winky:

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
There is a small place up Hollom Down Road at Lopcombe Corner just before Tilshead Caravans .( it is basically a grassed paddock but water and leccy are available )

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Never quite heard the Army Air Corps Centre at Middle Wallop, home of our finest army aviators, called the Andover Army Camp before...:winky:

Sorry, I didn;t make myself clear I am referring to the HQ Land Forces based at the old DLP site, Andover. ::bigsmile:

lez17

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Hampshire England
Funster No
MH
Caravan @ mo
Exp
10+
Ahh, you mean dlo Andover just outside Monxton/Abbotts Ann. The pub I suggested is about 5 mins ( if that from there ), and Wyke down about 10 mins

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
DLO, just off 100 acre roundabout. HQUKLF now based at Wilton near Salisbury due to relocate there in the next 12 months. Nearest decent site is as previously stated Wyke Down Farm, this is in between Andover and St Mary Bourne. Nice site, though a tad expensive.

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I used to deliver parcels in this area and there were lots of club rallies at the Army Air Corps.

If you are in CC or C&CC it might be worth checking their rallies for the dates you want.

H14KLY

Free Member
Jul 4, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
just a note if u are a dog owner Wyke Down now do not accept many types ofdog so do check if u intend takeing one with u as we were turned down with our doberman puppy just a couple of weeks ago

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back