Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi All,

Can someone give me some guidance please, I would like to fit a radio in my new(2010) motorhome. The vehicle is a Fiat Ducato X250 2.3 multivalve. I can see where it goes, but is it just a case of pulling the blanking plate out or is there some cunning and hidden fixings.

Thanks
Stewart

DiscoDave

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
The north
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
properly 4 years, playing at it for ages
Hi stewart,
You should have two dash trays in the centre of the dash, put your hand on the bottom of the top tray and pull it toward you. should come our fairly easily, all your connections should be clipped in to the back of this tray, depending on the stereo you fit it's a fairly straight forward job.

have fun!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi All,

Can someone give me some guidance please, I would like to fit a radio in my new(2010) motorhome.
Thanks
Stewart

Blimey - all that money and no radio ?

Once you fit one the usual problem is poor aerial - everyone complains about poor reception.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We already had one fitted in our 2010 voyager but from day one very bad reception and sometimes nothing at all just white noise but as we dont listen to the cab radio much havent bothered with it, marquis said bring it along and we will fix it but its not worth the 200 mile drive to get it done, I think it's only come on once properly when we were driving to North Wales , we had formerly put it down to poor signal strength but it doesnt work ANYWHERE now, the CD works fine though so we will listen to them if need be!!

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
Once you fit one the usual problem is poor aerial - everyone complains about poor reception.

Not a poor aerial ...NO aerial:Angry: Fiat /Peugeot vans have the aerial on the roof and it is cut off by the MH converters. I found this hard to believe till I saw the bare end of the cable. Maybe they think they can get away with it coz everyone listens to MP3s nowadays.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Not a poor aerial ...NO aerial:Angry: Fiat /Peugeot vans have the aerial on the roof and it is cut off by the MH converters. I found this hard to believe till I saw the bare end of the cable. Maybe they think they can get away with it coz everyone listens to MP3s nowadays.

My 07 Fiat Ducato radio Aerial is in the wing mirror and about as much use as a cat flap in a submarine. I ended up putting a ruuber duck type on the roof fixing it to the rack, spot on reception now.:thumb:

OP
OP
B

Blackeunos

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies Especially Discodave. Yes I agree Chausson/Fiat should fit a radio. Other than that the spec is very good with aircon and cruse control fitted as standard, but never mind Alde had their stereo on offer this weekend and they are superb!! So we will have to see what the reception is like.

Regards

Stewart

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My 07 Fiat Ducato radio Aerial is in the wing mirror and about as much use as a cat flap in a submarine. I ended up putting a ruuber duck type on the roof fixing it to the rack, spot on reception now.:thumb:
Er!!! scuse me:RollEyes:
Never heard of Cat Fish:Doh:

OP
OP
B

Blackeunos

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Guys,

Next problem is the radio only plays when ignition is on. Checked the supply wires and both are correct as per radio diagram. I gather this is correct can someone tell me if it is possible to wire in so radio plays when ignition is off.

Thanks

Stewart

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back