Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Hi All

Popped over to Silverstone this weekend to watch the Moto GP ( fanatastic weekend, shame Rossi wasn't riding though ! ) with the family. On returning to the M/H from the first morning, I immediatly noticed my upper fridge vent missing !!!!:cry: ...... Yep, some low life had helped themselves to it !!!!!:Angry:

After several phone calls this morning, I have managed to order a replacement costing me £31.55 with postage .... rediculous price ! It is a Thetford SR vent and was priced as high as £42.99 without postage :Eeek: ..... No wonder 'low-life' stole it !

Had an interesting chat with AJC Leisure who I ordered it through who mentioned a massive rise in these types of items going missing and they put it down to a 'new-breed' of Caravanner who they said, and I must agree, can't really afford to caravan but buy one as everyone else is ..... anything goes wrong, steal the said item when next on site!

Been caravanning / motorhoming both as a kid and as an adult with my own family for over 35 years and never remember anything being nicked before :shout:

Spolied an other wise excellent weekend .....................:thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Know what you mean first week out with our Avantgarde and we had 2 of these stolen from the vents, didnt even know they came off, soon learnt though, and never bought another set even taped the vents in the winter to stop the draughts coming through, we have some on this voyager also but as it's not winter haven't put them on yet, you would have thought they would have put screw in ones now wouldnt you? they are too easy to nick I reckon!!!

OP
OP
gixermark

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
And now to add insult to injury, I have ordered the said vent ( inc mesh ) but posted on Swift's forum re part number. They have come back saying it is Ok to order just the vent, checked via a local dealer and guess what ...... 1/2 price !!!!!!

£32.00 ish from internet order ( inc mesh ) .... £15 from Swift ( excluding mesh ) :cry:

So, for anyone like us who has their's nicked, the part number of the outer fridge vent (excluding mesh) is 1054072 and can be purchased via Swift's dealer network. This is for the Thetford SR vent, we have the large N180 fridge.

Only downside ordering from Swift is it works on a 2 week dealer delivery, so you could be waiting 2 weeks for the item ..... but save loads a dosh in the process !:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
At least you won't need the covers until October at the earliest:Smile: ( if we get the promised global warming maybe never ).
But more importantly what was the viewing like at Silverstone? I have seen some complaints that it is very biased towards grandstands, making the General Admission tickets not much use. Also complaints on traffic getting out of the circuit and to the M1. Thought they had sorted that one out? With almost double the crowd expected for the F1 and more car traffic than bikes, I can foresee problems. VMax

OP
OP
gixermark

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
At least you won't need the covers until October at the earliest:Smile: ( if we get the promised global warming maybe never ).
But more importantly what was the viewing like at Silverstone? I have seen some complaints that it is very biased towards grandstands, making the General Admission tickets not much use. Also complaints on traffic getting out of the circuit and to the M1. Thought they had sorted that one out? With almost double the crowd expected for the F1 and more car traffic than bikes, I can foresee problems. VMax

It's not the winter covers stolen VMax, it was the actual vents themselves which went ! hence my complete amazement !!!:cry:
Re Silverstone, huge improvement over last year ( went to a Renault open day ) and they are opening fixed toilets / showers / new massive clubhouse and entertaining area in the camping section. Still don't think it will be enough cus as you mention, once F1 comes to town, then you are talking huge numbers !
Saturday was annoying as our grandstand tickets said 'roaming' so like everyone else, we assumed that meant any grandstand seat ..... WRONG ! Only for the area you purchased ( us, the Farm ) so felt this was a rip-off. As for food / drink ..... take wod's O dosh if you intend to eat out ...... £5 + for a burger / £4 for 6 doughnuts / etc.:Eeek:
Otherwise, it was very well run, had heaps of security and they were all very polite. Thouroughly enjoyed the weekend, except for the vent .....:thumb:

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Ah I see. Suspect someone about to do a van conversion then! Will try to get to the WSBK August1st, at least one can expect more than 16 on the grid:RollEyes: VMax

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Silverstone is a veritable cauldron of thieving scumbags ..

The amount of kit that goes missing from bikes there every year is bloody nuts !!

last year, and only on Blackbirds, I had to supply to replace stolen parts:

1 x mudguard ( that amazed even me ! )

12 x special long headed cowling bungy fixing bolts

18 ( yes !! 18 !!! ) standard fairing bolts

a tail light lens

Couple of bar ends

and a bloody clutch lever !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.