Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
bridlington
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
hi there everyone!

got a swift sundance 590rs with a crack in the shower tray.

swifts recon about £280 for a new tray without fitting!

anyone got any other solutions please!!!

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
You can try doing a repair with Sikaflex

Link Removed

But if there is not enough support under the tray and that is the reason for the cracking then the cracks with keep coming!

Doug...

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
hi there everyone!

Well Walmic, you live were I come from Bridlington...try O'learys
just down the road between Beverly and Hull just out in the sticks...go on the web site I have sent, type in Quick search, shower trays, and scroll down ...give him a ring

Mel:thumb:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you can get the tray out, put a glass fibre mat reinforcement along the crack underneath.

Make some ribs up out of carbboard tube and fibregalss over them as well. Put sole solid foam polystyrene blocks underneath as well before reinstalling

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi O'learys also sell
Tradeweld Plastic Repair Glue (White)
http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/
but as already been said the floor needs to be sound or the crack will come back ---see if you can get under the tray to fill with expanding foam :thumb:
terry

imphambile

Free Member
Jul 28, 2010
Funster No
hi there everyone!

Sorry about your prob.I have the same problem with my Swift Sundance.\\\\\\\\\\\This is the second time its happened to me.Marquis changed the first one but tell me now that my only recourse is to try Swifts who may supply only a replacement 'gratis'.This is obviously an inherent fault either in the installation or in the manufacture.I should point out that neither of the 2 I have had have been used.Perhaps a few letters to the camping mags would get some action.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi

I have recently had my shower tray repaired by this company.

Link Removed

I also had some tree damage fixed by the same guy. He could not complete both jobs in one day, so he said we could park by his workshop and he would supply us with power for an overnight stay.

Job completed to our satisfaction.

Lesley

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Sorry about your prob.I have the same problem with my Swift Sundance.\\\\\\\\\\\This is the second time its happened to me.Marquis changed the first one but tell me now that my only recourse is to try Swifts who may supply only a replacement 'gratis'.This is obviously an inherent fault either in the installation or in the manufacture.I should point out that neither of the 2 I have had have been used.Perhaps a few letters to the camping mags would get some action.

I too have a sundance (360G) the problems with the shower tray in not the tray itself although the tray is made of ridiculously thin material, no the real problem is the installation!!!

If the complete floor area of the tray is not supported then the tray will flex, if there is the slightest flexing the the tray WILL crack.

The way I got over this problem was to insist that the repairers use spray foam on the base of the tray before refitting, this makes a secure base for the tray to sit in and stops all flexing.

Since doing this the tray has been in use for 3.5 years, full-time, 8 months a yea,r with 2 people using the bathroom exclusively for that period.

The other thing I have done is to keep the old tray and should the present one fail I will make my own from fiberglass and using the old one as a mold.

Doug...

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
We had a similar problem a few years ago. It was with a Hymer 654, and the tray was considerably cracked. At the time we had nothing to lose by drilling several small holes in the tray and then injecting foam into the holes. This provided the necessary support and sealed everything nicely.

We used one of those little needle-like things that you pump balls with, so the holes were pretty small. We also put fairly heavy weights on the floor to keep it level while the foam expanded and set.

Rog

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
is it just me or do other funsters think its funny one read only funster has a problem and after using up his free post another new read only one has same problem call me cynical or just good timing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope you both join and get your trays fixed.

ChrisHay

Free Member
Jan 7, 2011
Funster No

I know the horse has probably bolted on this thread but we recently had our shower tray repaired in our Sundance 630 by Sealed It.

Morans in Ludlow put us in touch with them, really good to deal with, came to us and did the work on the drive. there were 2 big cracks which opened when we stood on it and lots of stress fractures, they even did it in blue to match the wall paper.

jht@sealed-it.com

07971 827130
We dealt with John really nice bloke, hope this might help in the future.

Chris.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I had a very similar problem with the shower tray in my Bessacarr E695, 1998 series.

I purchased a new tray from Swifts (£245) and then proceeded to remove all the shower panelling and sink unit until all I was left with was the Shower Tray sitting on the floor.

I finally removed the damaged tray and fitted the new one using plenty of expanding foam underneath to give it support. I then left it overnight for the foam to harden and the silicone sealer to go off.

The following day (Sunday) I re-fitted, in reverse order, all the shower equipment and sink.
Last thing to fit was the mirrors which I managed to break by overtightening the fixing screws.

Put some more silicone sealant around the area and left it for a day or so.

They hardened foam gave the shower tray bloody good support and it never flexed again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back