Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
I have a sink that is fitted over the fridge ,when the plug is pulled the water goes down very slowly and sometimes goes down straight away.Ive plunged it ,taken off the pipe at the tank end and blown up it,seems completely clear.Any ideas ?
Did attempt to take the fridge out but gave up when about 1/3 of the way out it seemed to get stuck and not knowing how much spare lengths there is on the connections ,pushed it back in.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could be the waste pipe from the sink going slightly uphill before dropping to the tank.

i had this problem and if parked slightly nose up it took a lifetime to drain...nose down and it drained straight away.

lifted out the sink and re-routed the pipework. drains straight out now at any angle.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
On mine, the waste pipe goes vertically from the sink through the floor and then connects to a rigid pipe, about 3 feet long mounted on the chassis, there is then another hose from the opposite end of the rigid pipe to the grey water storage tank.

I have found, as previously said if I park Nose Down/Tail Up the water takes ages to drain away, if I park exactly level, it flows a bit faster and if I park Nose Up/Tail Down it flows quite quickly. (Tank is at Rear end of Vehicle)

So with mine it's all to do with the leveling.

Hope that helps:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our Elddis has the sink above the fridge and it is sometimes slow to drain. It hasn't ever been a blockage though - as others have said, simply pipe routing - so I've never bothered about it.

Graham

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Had this problem on previous vans, but present one uses rigid pipework of a larger diameter water vanishes at a rate of knots regardless of angle.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Draining Water

I have the same problem so I use the little plunger at the end off my pan scrubber handle to help it on its way
More to life to worry about!!!! Like a bad hangover-it goes eventually

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If this is a recent problem the pipework may well be gunged up with fat / food waste.. clean with a proprietor drain cleaner such as Mr Muscle ..

If like that from new then as previous posts ..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not knowing the location of your grey tank (in or under the van) this may not help.....

have a look at the pipework under the van....there may be a stench trap....looks like a shoe polish tin, only deeper, with the pipes going to and from it.

unscrew the cover and check it isnt blocked with bits of food etc.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
not knowing the location of your grey tank (in or under the van) this may not help.....

have a look at the pipework under the van....there may be a stench trap....looks like a shoe polish tin, only deeper, with the pipes going to and from it.

unscrew the cover and check it isnt blocked with bits of food etc.

We had the same problem as mentioned, not draining away very quickly ..but coincidently that is what we have been sorting out today , eventually found as pappajohn mentioned the shoe polish tin, yep that was the culprit and a bit of plunger after finished the job, now draining away in a reasonable time :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
P

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Cured the problem at last after putting up with it for to long ;I had to remove the fridge to replace a broken 12v power switch and I found that the waste pipe was routed up over the inlet pipes.
Thankyou to all the people who replied to my original post:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back