60mm grey water hose (1 Viewer)

gwilliam

Free Member
Jun 19, 2010
Funster No
My CI has a grey water outlet tucked well under the 'van, it measures 60mm diam (external) and is proud by a mere 25mm. I want to add a couple of meters of flexi hose to it to make draining on site easier. None of the local DIY's stock any hose bigger than 50mm. Has anyone solved this problem?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi gwilliam

Welcome to MH Fun

My van has same sort of waste disposal but have never found it a problem, more sites nowadays are allowing for this set up and I just carry waste to next site.

The only way I have seen someone get over this was to carry a rainwater hopper with legs to stand under waste outlet.and flexible hose attached to that, seemed to work for him.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Link Removed any good?

Graham

Hi

I think that you will find that although it is described as extremely flexible as regards an exhaust system it will not be suitable for a water drain hose under the van.

We dont list a 63mm hose on the website but it might be worth giving Ian in our parts dept a ring as they may have some.

Peter

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
My CI has a grey water outlet tucked well under the 'van, it measures 60mm diam (external) and is proud by a mere 25mm. I want to add a couple of meters of flexi hose to it to make draining on site easier. None of the local DIY's stock any hose bigger than 50mm. Has anyone solved this problem?

Hi,

I have been after a peice of fire hose for ages, thats 64mm diameter and would do the job just fine me thinks, (held on secure with a cable tie) , asked all over the place for an off-cut and looked on e-bay for a while but to no avail.

This post has re kindeled my interest.

If I manage to get some I'll post up and share the love :)

Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Try a Plumbers Merchant for the hose. I doubt if they will have that diameter in stock but they will have a catalogue.

Before I retired, I worked with all diameters of flexi hose, so there will be some out there.

I renewed the flexi on my Burstner and made up a piece of plastic drainpipe to connect them together. The catalogue showed an adjustable (swivel) 90 degree bend which sits between the flexi and rigid pipes. This gives me a movable drain. The plastic drain is 1.5 metres long and it is all a push fit together. I only need to connect it up now and again but it has made draining the waste tank much easier. On site, I do not have to mess on being inch perfect when driving to the waste disposal point.::bigsmile:

Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The electrical conduit idea may give a smell problem as it is not smooth internally like the correct type of flexible water hose. At 60 mm dia, that is a lot of pong that can accumulate.:winky:

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi,

I have been after a peice of fire hose for ages, thats 64mm diameter and would do the job just fine me thinks, (held on secure with a cable tie) , asked all over the place for an off-cut and looked on e-bay for a while but to no avail.

The problem with fire hose is that it is "lay-flat" hose. With high pressure water flowing through it it becomes round, but with very little water pressure, if it turns through any angle it will flatten and constrict the water flow.

To extend the outlet to a more easily accessed valve, a solution using rigid PVC pipework would seem the best solution.

On my old Hymer, the outlet hose is a smaller bore - 20mm - so an extension is not a problem, and, of course, the extension hose is stored in the rear bumper. Hymer were very clever to put those spring-retained end caps on there. Fishing rods and other slender items can be carried in the alloy extrusion.:Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
cak tanks do a range of fittings for waste pipe.
mine has a bayonet fitting of around 60mm external.
just got the socket end if you will and some 50mm pond pipe form the local aquarium shop.
sorted.
the pond pipe is ridged on the outside but smooth inside.
this may work for you :thumb::thumb:
andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back