Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Do any one know if you can fix a tom tom to a DSLR to give locations when taking photos

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks for that Brian.. Sorry I am so thick I honestly thought a GPS was a sat nav

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry I am so thick I honestly thought a GPS was a sat nav

Common term for it.

But GPS or Global Positioning System ( receiver ) is just a gadget to pinpoint your place on planet Earth. Put a screen on it and some software and you have satnav. Or buy an adaptor and fit it to a ( suitable ) DSLR and you get your pics' position logged.

I just typed GPS DSLR into Google and got 3,140,000 hits if you want to follow up on this.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hasselblad do a gorgeous medium format digital camera with built-in GPS, Maureen , although the price tag is more than some motorhomes :Sad:

But the technology is around and becoming much cheaper, so point-and-shoots and more consumer orientated DSLRs will offer it as a built-in option easily available anytime soon......

You could mark your location by using a sat nav (most have a place in the settings where you can actually see the GPS co-ordinates) in a notebook in the meantime....and reconcile to your pics later....

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks Brian I just googled it and understand it a bit better now. I have just got a Nikkon D300s and am trying to make work it out. Thanks for your help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Camcondcor I have just got the Nikon D300s so thats it for a bit. I thought it might b e interesting to get the photos taged

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back