Off to North Wales Next Week (1 Viewer)

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
We have had the motorhome for 3 months and loving it, out of the last 12 weekends we have had 10 away, all around a couple of hours away (work etc),probationary period over
So next week we are having a week away most on camp sites in the North wales Area
Havan and Park Resorts deals, apparently we have become freedom trail members with Haven if you have 3 stops with them you become members, now on 65% off so they are working out around £10 a night
1 night on the roodee car park in Chester
3 nights in pwhelli
3 nights in aberystwyth
2 nights in prestatyn
1 night on the roodee car on the way back
Fingers crossed weather not looking to bad got a good atlas ,but i expect to get lost all part of the fun hey,Cant wait i feel like a kid again going away for the first time weird in it ?:roflmto:
Always leave the packing with her in doors even when we went abroad she reckons its like packing a big suitcase and i think shes even enjoying it ,been at all week,just put a few more bits in::bigsmile:
oddjob

cater_racer

Free Member
Oct 15, 2008
Chester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Have fun, it's warm here (in Chester) had to sleep with the windows open last night. Woke up early this morning hence this post :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well done oddjob, When some people do the sums it seems that package holidays are much cheaper than motorhome getaways. For two weeks away a year that is probably true. But when you factor in the Fun and all those weekends away, the costs of motorhome ownership is far outweighed by the benefits:thumb: Enjoy::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
Well done Oddjob, it's great isn't it?

I agree with Jim, we bought ours last year thinking that if it replaces our 'normal' summer holiday then it will take x years holidays to pay for itself. We wasn't taking in consideration the weekends and the amount of them we have had makes x a far smaller number.:thumb:

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Have a great week :thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
great weather here in north wales , we are at a haven site at the moment and loving it especially all those cycle trails we are doing with Susie our yorkie in the front basket, getting lots of AAWWWs on the way, (thats for me really!!!:ROFLMAO:)we love our motorhome and the freedom it gives us to go wherever we please, enjoy:thumb::thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Fingers crossed weather not looking to bad got a good atlas ,but i expect to get lost all part of the fun hey,Cant wait i feel like a kid again going away for the first time weird in it ?:roflmto:
oddjob

Oddjob,
Never admit to being lost!
You cant be lost, as you always know where you are. (You are wherever you are.)
Ok to admit you dont know how to get to where you want to be, but never lost.
Enjoy your trip.
John

Marrwyck

Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
Exp
2 Years
Have a great time in the beautiful North Wales :Smile:

We were there a few weeks ago, beautiful places to visit, great scenery, great people, great pubs, great food.

South Wales is just as good.

Actually Wales is a great place to visit and who cares about the weather :RollEyes:

Once again, have a great time and it's impossible to be lost.
"You just don't know where you're going" :Doh:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We have had the motorhome for 3 months and loving it, out of the last 12 weekends we have had 10 away, all around a couple of hours away (work etc),probationary period over
So next week we are having a week away most on camp sites in the North wales Area
::bigsmile:
oddjob

Have a great time-The Bring and Buy Meet isn't far away -nudge nudge. We're going up North after that to spend some time with some friends who come from Clevelys :ROFLMAO:and have a 'static' at Siloth-then on to Scotland. ::bigsmile: Mike.

Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
Watch your speed. North Wales has more than its fair share of safety cameras and also mobile speed traps. However, they also offer a training course instead of 3 points for those just marginally over the limit. Main culprits are people exceeding 30mph limits.

Keep safe and you'll have a great time.

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Watch your speed. North Wales has more than its fair share of safety cameras and also mobile speed traps. However, they also offer a training course instead of 3 points for those just marginally over the limit. Main culprits are people exceeding 30mph limits.

I beg your pardon , do you know what i do for a living ????:ROFLMAO:
That's my job telling people to watch the speed limit::bigsmile:
thanks anyway
oddjob

jakeontour

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
In front of this computer when I should be out in
Funster No
I take it you're joking Taran_Las!

Beware everyone, the Traffic Taliban are very much up to business as usual. Got a fixed penalty fine the other week for having an England badge, rather than EU badge on an otherwise legal number plate. :Angry:

The traffic officer (in his new BMW estate car) was actually pleasant, trying to justify by saying that they were told they must issue fixed penalty tickets to generate income for the force or there would be job cuts.

Oh, and if (when) you get one look very closely to try to find the correct address to post the fine to. It's not the address printed large at the bottom, but somewhere completely different, very small print in the middle of the lengthy document. By the time they send the cheque back to you having gone to the wrong place, the fine has increased due to 'late payment'.

What annoyed me most was that as I sat in the cop car (and before the ticket was issued) the ANPR system went off showing an unisured and un-taxed car drive past. When I asked if I should get out so he could go after it, I was told no, it was easier to carry on 'prosecuting' me. Fabulous set of priorities I don't think!

Bitter? Moi? Suffice that I won't be visiting North Wales again any time this century!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad:Will you please elaborate on the England v EU number plate business? Are you saying we now have to change our number plates to go into North Wales!!!!!:whatthe:

Thank you

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I take it you're joking Taran_Las!

Beware everyone, the Traffic Taliban are very much up to business as usual. Got a fixed penalty fine the other week for having an England badge, rather than EU badge on an otherwise legal number plate. :Angry:

Bitter? Moi? Suffice that I won't be visiting North Wales again any time this century!

Yes I was joking and I'm sorry you've had to witness the over zealous attitude of our Police force. :Sad:

Please explain the EU versus England badge on number plates so we can all understand the implications.

Thanks

Phil

KSH

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

But do you have ENG or England on it as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom

Permitted but not required:

• 3D variation of the mandatory ‘Charles Wright 2001’ font
  • Coloured, non-reflective border
  • National emblem: English St George Cross with “ENG” legend, Scottish St Andrew Cross with “SCO” legend, Welsh Dragon with “WALES” and “CYMRU” legend, British Union Flag with “GB” legend) or Euro Stars symbol with “GB” legend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back