Radio overheats and disc stops playing (1 Viewer)

aande

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
I have an Elddis Autoquest 120 on a peugeot boxer base, 08 registration. Just come back from Italy. Attempted to play cd disc in radio. After a short while disc stopped playing and feedback heard through one speaker even after I switched the radio off to cool down. Eventually disc cooled to a level when it could be ejected. Has anyone else had this problem? Who should I bring it up with - the motorhome seller with whom I get the annual habitation check or the Vehicle franchiser where I get the vehicle serviced. :cry: and if I did can I expect anything to be done?

Oakley's Taxi

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Funster No
Can't help with an answer but very interested in this thread. We've recently got an Elddis 130 '08 plate and although only undertaken short journeys so far we've had a few probs with the cd player to. Ours sometimes says Bad Disc and will not then play OR eject when we clearly know that there's nothing wrong with the disc.

A gentle prod with a key seems to have fixed it each time but still shouldn't happen so I'll be interested to hear what the knowledgable funsters suggest.

Good luck:thumb:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We had one of the new Peugeot based motorhome a Compass Suntor 115 reg 09/12/2006 and on long journeys the CD player used to get really hot and the disk used to take a while to eject and was really hot when it came out , we got rid of it last June so its now someone else's problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Too much Heavy Metal music maybe ?

JJ :winky: :Cool:

Or was it it Hot Chocolate :roflmto:

Seriously though (as I can be serious sometimes) our CD player gets really hot and skips until it cools down. Good quality Blaupunkt as well.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
My Citroen C3's CD player stops playing discs that I've burned after it's been playing for several hours (or shorter in hot weather) - the unit gets quite hot and the tracks just start skipping or not playing at all.

This is the second unit that has had this problem - the first one did the same and eventually had to be replaced under warranty when the radio part stopped working.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Rip it out and put in a replacement unit. You can get them for less then £50 of the interweb. Its obviously a kown fault and chaning the original unit for a like for like isnt going to fix the problem is it??

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Design issue?

I've seen a number of radio/CD/tape (remember them) units in different vehicles were the unit is installed directly above the heater:Doh: Most vehicle heater systems bypass air these days not water ie the heater matrix will be hot irrespective of what you've got it doing, ie (again) even if you've got it set to cold (AC in play or not).

Worst was a Blaupunkt removable unit, many years ago. Every hour and a half or so I'd have to pull the unit and bung it carefully in the back of the car for half an hour to cool. One of my company cars, when I did company cars, went through four units in three years because of the heat, not that the manufacturer admited such things but a bit of a no brainer as the thing got extremely hot.

Detector

Free Member
Jun 4, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
Exp
20 years on and off.
I had a Diahatsu car that had similar CD problems....the disks would get uncomfortably hot after 40 minutes or so of playing.

Whilst the dealer was deciding if he would replace underwarranty. "It worked what was my problem" the dash cracked. So a minor job turned into a major one. The replacement which was the same brand and model had no such problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back