Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
cannock
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Halfords Aggro,
Has anyone had trouble with Halfords fitting service, I purchased a stero/satnav system for my new mercedes auto sleeper and had it fitted for free. a "Fully trained and qualified fitter" spent 6 hrs trying to fit it, damaged the smart wireing system and cobra alarm system, gave up and arranged for an independant fitting company to do the work. Fitter arrived a week later and fitted it within 1 hr.
Halfords paid for the fitting but are iggnoring my claim for the repairs to my van, they will not even answer my letters. Might have to take them to court, anyone got other ideas.
Regards Frank :cry:

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I would send them a final letter explaining that, "should you not here from them in 14 days", you will issue proceeding`s in a small claims court......and if you don`t get a reply, just take them to court. Hopefully you have photographic evidence to back up your claim..could be important.

Best of Luck,:thumb:

Geoff

OP
OP
F

feblake

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
cannock
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thanks Geoff,
The cobra allarm engineer has done a written report for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:Smile: Hi went to Halford's to have a Parrot hand's free fitted to my Merc car a idiot came out to fit it spent 2 hours trying to get the radio out, not having a clue did not come into it thick as pudding I had to stop him damaging my car. He did nothing but phone a friend in order to ask how to get the radio out, Never again :Smile:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Halfords! Arrrgh

Went to Halfords to purchase a incar radio/dvd/mp3 system etc explained that my car was an american imported GMC pick up. No problem said the salesman we can fit anything. Cool. Made my choice of unit made an appointment for fitting 7 days later.

Arrived for fitting told to go around back guy came out took out nearly all the dashboard, buggered off for 20 mins, came back made a phone call then said sorry mate cant fit it i dont have the correct screwdriver!!!!! hmmmm then he said that we sell them(correct Screw Driver) in the store and would I like to buy one? errr No!

In that case we cant fit it. Would you like me to put your dash back together :Angry: Be rather nice if you could I said.

Sometimes you just yanna :shout:

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
Look at Halford employees, they are very young people who generally do not one end of a car to another. What they do know has been taught in a class room, so when they come up against something out of the norm they are stumped.

Fitting a sterio/sat-nav is very easy if you have the know how, and I know this site and RVOC have members who can provide the know how.

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
If you send a letter threatening legal action it can be a good idea to send a copy of completed court documents which you can fill in and print out free from Moneyclaim online:
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

This can help focus minds on resolving the problem.

Andy

Paulh

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Bangor N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Sorry to hear of your woes, as well as a letter re. legal action, you can also tell them that you will speak to the media starting with a national paper, the Daily Mail would love it:Smile: That should shock "em into some action for you. Good luck PaulH.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
You could also try BBC Watchdog I'm sure dear old Ann Robinson would just love this

OP
OP
F

feblake

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
cannock
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi All.

Many thanks for all replies. I am going on Friday and start court proceedings, will let know how I get on.

Regards Frank.

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
Evening all;

I nearly got a sat nav from halfords last weekbut could nt make my mind up I might have been very lucky.

georgio

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Frank,

Why not drop the CEO an email may get a result rather than court :thumb: david.wild@halfords.co.uk

http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

Good Luck

Dave

Take a video on your mobile or camera
with a comentary of damageand how
it was caused and send him a link to it
they may become interested quickley

after seeing the YouTube clip

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2009/united-broke-my-guitar/
about the airline that damaged
the singers guitar

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I used to work in halfords as a cashier years ago now and they used to use boys out of school and work experience lads to assemble bikes and fix things like stereo's,into cars, that is the last place I would take mine to be fitted but the general public aren't to know this unfortunately!!

OP
OP
F

feblake

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
cannock
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi Guys,

Good news, after the threat of legal action I finally had a phone call to say they would pay for the repairs. It seems that halfords policy on complaints is to ignore you and hope you go away. JUST BEWARE OF HALFORDS FITTING SERVICE.

Regards Frank

DiscoDave

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
The north
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
properly 4 years, playing at it for ages
sorry to hear of your troubles, hopefully your experience will alert others. It's great what effect the power of legal action promotes. Well done!

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Halfords are a bunch of kids, I would take their fitting service to mean plugging the Sat Nav into the cigarette lighter and pressing the suction pad on the windscreen. Half the main dealers technicians don`t understand automotive wiring.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back