LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
jUST STARTED this new thread as Dellwood's request may have got lost in the Rally thread..

It is requested that we bring a Chinese lantern each to the meet up at his van on the Saturday (see the Prestwold thread for times).... for a mass release. If you are going to Loughborough show you will be able to buy one there.... plus other places of course:Smile:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
DIXON!!!! wOULDN''T like to be around when that one decides to drop to earth"!!!!!

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I would like to see you get it airborne in the first place :ROFLMAO:
See you at the show ::bigsmile:

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Prestwold

Hi Leaving to travel to Prestwold later today havent got a latern yet but still trying, hope to meet you all there. Safe travels and Keep Smiling ::bigsmile:
Nannyjan

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Leaving to travel to Prestwold later today havent got a latern yet but still trying, hope to meet you all there. Safe travels and Keep Smiling ::bigsmile:
Nannyjan

You can buy the lanterns at the show :Smile:

We are all packed & read::bigsmile:y for the off tomorrow morning

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We are up at Elvastone Castle site at the moment and had a mooch down to Prestwold today to see where and what and looking for suitable places to meet up with others - basically there is not many - suggest anyone meeting up does it well before ie motorway services etc - some fairly tight corners for larger units on the approach roads - could be fun. Had a word with the security guys on the gate - they are not happy that there is not set club areas as they are expecting lots of people to be hanging about waiting for others and there is no where to do it :Eeek:- they have a stacking area laid out to get people off the main road but the queue will have to keep moving otherwise the whole area will come to a standstill. We will be flying the fun flag and 'Simples' will be outside the door welcoming people:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We are booked into the "Disabled" area - but there are 3 of them, so I am no further forward as regards to my actual destination.
The Flag will be flying from Thursday pm ::bigsmile:

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
How long before they are banned?
Link Removed
.VMax

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
OK - anyone wishing to set off a lantern must make sure that it is an eco-friendly design and carries a little fireman onboard ::bigsmile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Dixon, I hope you are not trying to set fire to the North of England!!!

JJ ::bigsmile:

Oh, of course... no danger up north as everything is so damp from the rain and the Newcastle Brown...

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
chineses lanterns

our s is a new design the super size it s 6x4 feet and you need extra firelighters under it it comes with firemen already :Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Dixon, I hope you are not trying to set fire to the North of England!!!

JJ ::bigsmile:

Oh, of course... no danger up north as everything is so damp from the rain and the Newcastle Brown...

We are almost in drought conditions up here in the "Norf". and Newcastle Brown Ale is brewed "Down South".:Eeek:
We will be hoping for a north wind ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Will try and get one tomorrow morning before we leave :thumb:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Maggie says she has got some from Poundland... That is half the price they are in the shows !!!!!!!!:Cool:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi we are at Loughborough now on a CL on £5.50p a night lovely little site on the side of the river there is a tree just outside the van hanging over the river where the kingfisher sits but I am still waiting to see it, but seen all sorts of other birds, been in my shorts all day lovely here so hope its as good tomorrow, look forward to meeting up tomorrow, will have to look for a lantern. Carol. :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorted ! Des ( son in law who is also a member on here and will be with us ) has some of the big buggers.. One for Mo, one for me, one for Donna, One for Tommy ( grandson ) and one for himself !!
Apparently they are about 3ft tall...........

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
nice little site at loughborough (cotes) pass it every week when i go shopping at tesco's at loughborough, never stayed on it as we only live about 5 miles away.

hope you all have FUN at Prestwold, we won't be attending this year as we go on hols next week and too much to get ready for next week, catch ferry on friday at 10pm to dunkerque (can't wait) lanterns can be bought from shops called "the works" normally 99p, think there is a shop in shopping centre at loughborough (carrillion).

Rob (hubby) saw you catching some rays out side your van tonight on way home from work:thumb:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
THREE FOOT TALL!!!:Eeek: fLIPPIN HECK! Are they not called hot air balloons!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back