LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi, This year the same as last I and a few friends in one of the motorbike clubs I belong to have organised a 3 - 4 day rally [COLOR="Red In aid of "Julia`s House Hospice for children" [COLOR="Indigo"][/COLOR][/COLOR]

All proceeds from this event go the same as last year to Julia`s House. Last year over the event we raised over £650..,,

Which incorporated an Auction, goods kindly donated by people who attended,, a raffle and other fund raising events over the weekend,, (Which, weather wise was unfortunately horrendous)

This year the site will open Thursday afternoon, so as to make a long weekend,, It is open to anybody, Cars/Caravans/Motorbikes/Scooters/Motorhomes etc, the aim is to raise as much as we can for a very worthwhile cause..

This year we have the band playing Friday Night "The Rock Doctors"
Saturday Night is "Cadillac Daddy"

Saturday we have a motorbike ride out along the Jurrasic Coast, ending up displaying our Motorbikes at the "Wykefest", which is a real ale event also run to raise funds for "Julia`s House... Saturday after the ride out we will hold the auction of donated goods approx 5-6pm.

Camping for the event is only £12 per person, electric hookup extra (Not sure what the charges are) I think 2 or 3 £`s a night, I will have to check.
The £12 gets you into the evenings entertainment, a wristband given to you will get you cheaper booze & Food.

At the end of this message I hope I have attached an earlier flyer. but please remember the bands are now booked and everything is arranged.

Please remember that the majority of the people attending are Harley Davidson Motorbikers,, and are not averse to a little bad language and drinking. (A lot of drinking) but saying that you will not wish to meet a more jovial friendly bunch of lads & lasses, who do so much for various charitys.

For more information and my landline number pm, me. where I have moved to my mobile does not work to well.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Sorry,, flyer did not upload. :cry:

PM,, me your e.mail and I will try and send them that way if interested.

Thanks.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
When is it?

Maybe i'll come?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi john have you still got the kwac .i could come on the drifter we couldshow the harley boys what a good bike looks like.haha

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
When is it?

Maybe i'll come?

Hi John,, sorry mate,,

Would have been on the flyer if I had the sense and knowledge how to do it :RollEyes:

Afternoon of the Thursday 22nd July/ Friday 23/Sat24th and Sun 25th.
Nowt happens on the 22nd, except we put up the Marquee and get the site ready..

It`s held at the www.southerncountiesleisure.com

It`s the same place I was trying to arrange a rally for the funsters last year, but they had an international kart meet, so I had to cancell.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Might be able to make it as I think thats the weekend that Robert finishes school for summer holidays. Will check and let you know in a few days.

Is it possible for funsters to camp together if others are going?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Might be able to make it as I think thats the weekend that Robert finishes school for summer holidays. Will check and let you know in a few days.

Is it possible for funsters to camp together if others are going?

Hope you can make it Gail,, yes I have bought a field for the Tenters and half the caravan/M.H. site.

Even if you did not want to join in with the evenings activity`s I would still give you an arm band and you would be free to come and go as you please and buy the cheaper drink & food.,,

Just buy a few raffle tickets and you would have helped a worthy cause...

First prize is a "Netbook"and there are deep sea angling trips,, £50 worth of vouchers from Value House, and all manner of other prizes donated by various shops from around Weymouth.

XX

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sadly that is the weekend of our local bike show here in Thetford so I will not be able to attend ( I am on 't committee' so get lumbered helping ::bigsmile: )

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
sounds fab tho

Sounds right up our street but we have so many bike & music weekends booked, right up til Sept, that we will have to miss it this year, perhaps next ... good luck with it all tho ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Just a gentle reminder for any body that fancy`s a long weekend in "Dorset",, even if you dont want to participate in any of the arranged entertainment (Which I probably cannot blame you) you can visit a lot of places near to the site,,, all it costs is £12 per person from Midday Thursday 22nd July till Sunday 25th July. (There will also be a small charge for EHU, at this time I am not sure how much. And all proceeds going to Julia`s House Hospice for Children" see here www.juliashouse.org

3% government help.. :Blush: That is why The Harley Davidson Riders Club of Great Britain hold such rally`s..... every little helps..
.............................................................................................................................

All are Invited to the 2nd Annual.
“Dorset Summer Party”
Friday 23-Saturday24th & Sunday 25th July 2010.
In Aid of “Julia`s House” Hospice for Children.
..All proceeds to “Julia`s House” Hospice for Children..
………………………………....................................................................
Friday 23rd July 9pm till late. Live Band “The Rock Doctors”
Saturday 24th 11am, Ride out. Approx 80 Miles.
Saturday 24th 4pm, viewing Auction Lot`s.
Saturday 24th 5pm, Auction of Donated Items.
Saturday 8pm till 9-15pm. Dance to “Cadillac Daddy” 9-15pm to 10-00pm Raffle Draw + 10-00pm till late “Cadillac Daddy”.
Sunday 25th Lay in to get over your hangovers. ………………………………....................................................................
Camping/Caravans/Motorhomes.. £12 P.P… On Site Toilets & Showers.
Luxury En-Suite Hotel Rooms and Static Caravan Hire “Extra”
Entrance to Friday & Saturday Night Entertainment £4-00 P.P. per night If not Camping
Eulysses (Geoff) is Hoping to arrange a shooting competition over the weekend,, please pm him your interest.
………………………………....................................................................
As with last year,, Donations for the Auction and Raffle Gratefully Received.
This Years *STAR PRIZE* in the Raffle is a *NETBOOK*
Last year the fantastic sum of £665-74. Was raised. Please with your help and generosity lets see if we can beat that.
For more information please E.Mail, pm or phone =JTO - Buff - Eulysses or old-mo.
Or Phone 07759 012 608 or 01803 414 927
A list of donated goods and who donated will be published later.
All are very Welcome.. ..Motorbikes/Scooters/Pushbikes/Cars/Caravans/Motorhomes..
Many Thanks the. H.D.R.C.GB. (Region 19)
The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry

......................................................................................................................

A Warm Welcome to the 2nd “Dorset Summer Party”
In aid of Julia`s House Hospice for Children.

Friday night.. Dance the night away to “The Rock Doctors”

Saturday 10-30 Ride Out along the Beautiful “Durrassic Coast” Culminating in showing our bikes at the “Wykefest” Real Ale Festival for a couple of hours. (Also in Aid of “Julia`s House)
Also Clay Pigeon Shooting, please see (Ulysses) Geoff.
Approx 5pm.. Charity Auction.
Saturday Night, Shake them hips and dance away to the Fabulous band “Cadillac Daddy” with an interval approx 9pm for the “Raffle.

Food and drink available at all times, please show your wristbands to receive the discount we have arranged for Party Goers.

So that we all enjoy the weekend a few do`s and don’t`s.
Dogs must be kept on leads at all times (Please clear up after them)
No Bonfires or on Ground Bar-B-Q`s.
Please leave showers and toilets as you would expect to find them & respect the public camping area`s.

…Important…
The Organisers accept no responsibility for Loss - Damage or personnel Injury or Fatality that might happen whilst at this Party.

Nearest Petrol Station = Turn left out of the main gate and approx 4 miles on the right a small shop and petrol station. Nearest Large town, Turn left out of the main gate and The County Town of “Dorchester” is approx 8 miles away. (Signposted)

All that remains is we the organisers hope you have an enjoyable weekend and please help us beat last years superb amount of £665-74p which was gratefully received on your behalf by “Julia`s House Hospice”

….Donations for the Raffle or Auction gratefully received….

Raffle Tickets on Sale throughout the day on Friday & Saturday.

..Thank you for coming and please have a safe journey home..
...........................................................................................................................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back