Satellite Connection (1 Viewer)

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Been scratching my head on how to use a portable sat dish on MH, but had difficulty getting cable from outside to receiver, when I discovered one of these flat gizmos...

Link Removed

Anyone used one?

tonybrightspark

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Thanks
One of these came with my portable sat dish, not included in the instructions, wondered what it was for:Doh:

Now all I need to do is work out how to get a signal (been trying off and on for some time) should know better cannot work a DVD player properly:RollEyes:

Colin

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Colin... I have been using a multimo dish (from Roadpro) on and off for years and am only just mastering the sat finding game (thanks to Rex.)

It is a bit like fishing... the joy when you actually lock onto the (correct) satellite is well worth the effort!!!

JJ :Smile:

Thanks for the info re through window connector Tony... was getting one from Roadpro but Maplins appears to slaughter them on price!!! If I get one before you I will post a review!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our Aldi kit included one of those flat cable sections and it works fine. The idea was that a short length of the main cable should be cut off and have appropriate connectors attached for use between the flat section and the decoder box. I found that tthat piece of cable was too stiff though so bought a more flexible cable from Maplins.

Graham

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Hi Colin... I have been using a multimo dish (from Roadpro) on and off for years and am only just mastering the sat finding game (thanks to Rex.)

It is a bit like fishing... the joy when you actually lock onto the (correct) satellite is well worth the effort!!!

Nah given up lack of patience plus my beer was going flat whilst trying to set up:Sad: so now leave it at home and fill the space with extra booze::bigsmile: now I sit with pint and watch the world go by :ROFLMAO: May have another go in the future:thumb:
Colin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Problem???

Nah given up lack of patience plus my beer was going flat whilst trying to set up:Sad: so now leave it at home and fill the space with extra booze::bigsmile: now I sit with pint and watch the world go by :ROFLMAO: May have another go in the future:thumb:
Colin

Don't see what the problem is!! I have had my Multimo dish from Roadpro for 4 yrs and have no problem setting it up not even in Spain, Italy and Slovinia Its a doddle!!!
I did try the flat cable but it broke so I drilled a pilot hole through the housing for the elect hook up cable (Top left side) and enlarged it so that the cable poked out and screwed on a connector. The flap protects this from the rain and when disconnected for travelling its inside the housing. I would send you a photo but the van is in for servicing today.

:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't see what the problem is!! I have had my Multimo dish from Roadpro for 4 yrs and have no problem setting it up not even in Spain, Italy and Slovinia Its a doddle!!!
I did try the flat cable but it broke so I drilled a pilot hole through the housing for the elect hook up cable (Top left side) and enlarged it so that the cable poked out and screwed on a connector. The flap protects this from the rain and when disconnected for travelling its inside the housing. I would send you a photo but the van is in for servicing today.

:thumb:

You are obviously better at this than me Geoff, although I must say that I did find the various satellites more easily before I left my Mulitmo on the dash of my Hymer and then later on pulled down the cab bed... I thought the mechanism was a little stiff!!! Next morning I had a "reshaped" sat dish!!!! I think I have got it back in shape now... :Doh:

JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back