Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi all I need some advice as stated in my introduction I am looking for a motorhome to force myself away from the office, now I have seen a 38' deisel pusher on a freightliner chasis it's a 03 Coachmen Cross Country.

My questions are,

Is the Coacmen Cross Country well built?

Any known faults?

Also is 38' to long for sites in this country?

The freightliner I have no problem with but does any one know any different?

All help and advice gratefuly received thanks.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi all I need some advice as stated in my introduction I am looking for a motorhome to force myself away from the office, now I have seen a 38' deisel pusher on a freightliner chasis it's a 03 Coachmen Cross Country.

My questions are,

Is the Coacmen Cross Country well built?

Any known faults?

Also is 38' to long for sites in this country?

The freightliner I have no problem with but does any one know any different?

All help and advice gratefuly received thanks.

Hiya
Coachmen in my experiance are a very good value for money builder having owned one and visted many poor build was never a question on my mind,
Some say Coachmen is an entry level RV, also said about the Damon I now own, I would argue both cases.
Known faults--dozens---but they apply right across all RV marks from air con to heating to steps and lights just as many Euro motrorhomes have faults so do RVs, All fixable with no major concerns, I see from your profile you are handy with spanners etc, so you will have no problems that cant be fixed between your self and this and its sister forum RVOC.co.uk:thumb:
Mine running at close to 37 foot has no problems, Tony Santara's Coachmen runs closer to 38 foot and he too gets about fine, up into Matlock and the likes of Stratford on market days adds to the FUN
Enjoy and welcome to Fun
Geo

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Many thanks for that Geo, Getting a 38' motor home around wasn't a concern but being welcome on sites with something that length was.

I am also looking at a Holiday Rambler pusher but this is 20 grand more but also 4 years younger so may be better value.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Many thanks for that Geo, Getting a 38' motor home around wasn't a concern but being welcome on sites with something that length was.

I am also looking at a Holiday Rambler pusher but this is 20 grand more but also 4 years younger so may be better value.
Yes @ 38 foot your going to have to plan and possibly phone ahead but its not stoped us from going away, every other weekend:thumb: Holiday Rambler is concidered aproaching the top end of the market hence the extra $$$$, made if memory serves by Monaco watch those Mirrors they dont come cheap:Eeek:
Geo

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Yes it is made by Monaco but it is the 34' vacationer so has an air over hydraulic brake system not my favourite, but it does go 10 ton.

I was toying with the idea of buying one over 12 ton then we could do LGV cat C training with it but it would restrict people to an Automatic licence, having said that it would be ideal for my wife who has a back injury and would never manage a manual eight speed box, a reasonably small caravan behind would then give a C+E restricted automatic.

PS yes those Mirrors look very exspensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back