Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
I think the Fiamma Carvanstore awning is looking like the most likely purchase for my MH.

Any feedback on this model would be appreciated and comparison with the T45i model

I see it fits into a caravan awning rail but is there any other way to fit it?

Biggles

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I think the Fiamma Carvanstore awning is looking like the most likely purchase for my MH.

Any feedback on this model would be appreciated and comparison with the T45i model

Biggles

We have one of these , we used it with our caravan.
Its a manual roll out version , that fits into awning rail , i dont know how else you would fit it. Unlike the handle automatic version that we have permanently fixed on our MH, am i right ?

Its in excellent condition , we didn't keep it on the caravan all year round, so if your interested in buying a second hand one let us know.

Lots of motorhome owners say they dont use them , as they aren't in one place long enough , or they are motorhomers not tuggers, etc etc
We have the Fiamma zip store now , with the sides and we use it !!
Even if its just the canopy for a bit of shade or to keep the rain off the cadac:winky:
I dont know how much we'd want for it , but if your interested I'll let Ralph know, and he'd give you a price.
Bev

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Biggles

Hi Biggles,

The Caravanstore uses the C section rail on a caravan to slide the edge of the awning bag into, it will not fit into the rain gutter on your van which is a J section profile.

If the van has a fibreglass roof you will need to reinforce behind the C section rail otherwise the screws will pull out with the weight.

Caravanstores are a lighter weight version of the F45's

All available on our website with Funsters discount:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Elsie

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
Funster No

Biggles
We had a rail fitted to our previous mh and used the caravanstore.
It was very useful.
Please be aware that the caravanstore has to be rolled up and velcroed in place before zipping up the storage case. It is important to mount the rail at the right height and to ensure you are able to reach that height when opening and rolling back the awning. You may have to carry a step for this purpose.
The longer the awning the heavier it gets and for instance the 4m one seems to weigh a ton when putting it away.
If you have one, check position of your exterior light as if mounted immediately over the door it may restrict the length of Caravanstore your van can accommodate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back