Free Member
Mar 17, 2009
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We're away tomorrow (Monday) to France with a couple of scruffy mutts. All docs etc done over here and we know we need to get them "MoT'd" between 24 and 48 prior to coming back.
1. Can anyone recommend a decent vet near(ish) Calais? Or perhaps one to avoid?
2. Anything we should know about the Chunnel would be appreciated too. We're booked for Tuesday noon but may well be down there by Monday evening - can you go earlier than booked?

Thanks in advance.

greyman

Free Member
Jun 10, 2010
Funster No
usually find that the further away from calais the cheaper the vets are ! in most cases turning up 2hours before ticket time is no problem ! more than that usually puts you in another price band and therefore you could be charged the extra !

OP
OP
Norrie

Norrie

Free Member
Mar 17, 2009
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for that (I too am grey!).
I'm hoping that we can swap a Tuesday noon for a (less desireable?) Monday evening crossing - but what the heck. Not really important.
I can understand the vet pricing thing so maybe I'll look for something further out of Calais.
This one will sound stupid......is the tunnel easy to find? Just head for Dover and look for signs?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
.is the tunnel easy to find? Just head for Dover and look for signs?

The tunnel is situated nearer Folkstone I believe, M25 to M20, can`t miss it.:Smile:

greyman

Free Member
Jun 10, 2010
Funster No
by the way, on the way out there is no pet passport check so just follow the lanes like everyone else ! but coming back on the french side ,you need to go to the pet control (it is signposted) and this building is situated on its own before you start to enter the main entrance . if you dont they will make you go back ! can be a bit awkward if your in a big rig towing a car !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
having just got back with Albert having his first foray abroad we were a bit apprehensive but I have to say it went very simply. We went to a vet in Pre en Pail (normandy) who understood the procedure and even checked our departure time to ensure the passport was correctly timed!!
Using our Advantix and wormer the charge was 27 euros for the consultation including checking the dog over, when we arrived at the ferry, again very easy, we were handed a scanner to read his microchip which we passed back into the kiosk, extra time just a few minutes.
Just make sure you are within the 24/48 hour time limits when you get to departure, so no last minute changes of mind!
Hope this helps

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Rather than worry about it right now, we intend to ask about when the time comes to return. I'm sure that there will be plenty of people around to help us out.

Jim
:Smile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back