bottled calor gas gauge (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
is there a gauge you can fit to6kg calor propane bottle to show how much gas is in or is it not needed any ideas

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In four years of having a van similar to yours I've never found one. We carry two bottles, one full and one part used, so as to be able to switch over easily when one runs out. Always have plenty of time to replace an empty before the second runs out.

Graham

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I have just swapped my 6kg propane bottle for one of the calor Lite ones & it has a simple gauge fitted. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I have just swapped my 6kg propane bottle for one of the calor Lite ones & it has a simple gauge fitted. :Smile:

Did the same prior to 6 week tour of Scotland still don't know how much gas I have used it still has not moved, so either not used much gas or its not working, back to Grahams method same as I have always used in the past, still they are quite a bit lighter.

Dave :thumb:

Upvote 0
May 22, 2008
Funster No
If you have room in your gas locker, fit two bottles, have one on ,and the other off. When the first empties , turn it off and turn the second one on, replace the empty one, SIMPLES.:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Swapped to them to reduce the weight being carried - agree that the increased price is a rip off. :Smile:

Guessed that might be the case following your weighbridge post :Smile:

I challenged a bloke on the Calor stand at the NEC show a couple of years ago about the extra charge. He reckoned that the extra cost was justified because Calor had had to buy a stack of new Lite bottles. The fact that it meant they wouldn't have to replace conventional bottles cut no ice at all, he just didn't want to acknowledge that.

Graham

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
I prefer the 10 KG BP Lite you can see how much is left and they are so easy to refill.:thumb:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I prefer the 10 KG BP Lite you can see how much is left and they are so easy to refill.:thumb:

How do you refill? According to the BP web site you swap the bottle as with Calor.

Not really sure about stockists either - according to the BP site our nearest is a Homebase store which has been shut for about 2 years ::bigsmile:

Graham

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It's impossible to use pressure to accurately measure the contents of any gas bottle.. anyone who tells you otherwise is telling porkies.

The only way to accurately measure contents is by a float gauge, as fitted to LPG tanks.

There was a device on the market several years ago, not sure who made it or even if it is still made. It sat under the bottle and calculated the contents by subtracting the tare from the total weight and gave a digital readout in kgs of the gas remaining. Similar to bathroom scales.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
truma sonatic l,luxury version .part no 75199 in my reimo catalogue .cant give price as i dont have a price list. fits unde bottle and does as jim says.

Upvote 0

Tats

Free Member
Nov 28, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
newbie!
I remember seeing a type of gas level indicator that you stuck on your gas bottle in a catalogue once:
Link Removed
out of stock at the moment, so an alternative could be
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Level-Indicator-gauge-magnetic-backing/dp/B001I28QO6[/ame]

Don't know how effective this type of gauge is, but at that sort of price surely worth a try? :winky:

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the little strip ones are useless .again reimo list an electronic magnet style but i think its rather expensive if i have remembered right.

Upvote 0

jennyd

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just under a year
Bought a guage from a Caravan show which is magnetised - you sit it on side of gas bottle and it tells you how much gas is left.

Well thats what is said but guess what - i have still not a clue how much is left - LOL

Not sure if i was ripped off (all of £1) or am just a bit dim!!!!

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I remember seeing a type of gas level indicator that you stuck on your gas bottle in a catalogue once:
Link Removed
out of stock at the moment, so an alternative could be
Link Removed

Don't know how effective this type of gauge is, but at that sort of price surely worth a try? :winky:

No, not at any price - I know, I'm one of the daft beggars that bought one :roflmto:

Bought a guage from a Caravan show which is magnetised - you sit it on side of gas bottle and it tells you how much gas is left.

Well thats what is said but guess what - i have still not a clue how much is left - LOL

Not sure if i was ripped off (all of £1) or am just a bit dim!!!!

Same thing

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
not the same thing though in the reimo cat the one i mean is the gim-gas volume measure works off 4x aaabatteries.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back