Camping and Caravanning retailers (1 Viewer)

alanf

Free Member
May 23, 2009
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years
Hi,

With our newly aquired motor home, we would like to do a short 'sort out' overnighter, and I though it might be good to go somewhere where there was a really good camping & caravaning retailer, as there are a few things we want to get or upgrade and whilst shopiing on the internet is fun, things like light wieght reclining chairs etc I feel are worth trying out, especially if you are not buying the cheapest.

So my question is, ( because I don't know ), is there a well stocked, well priced, with easy parking, camping and caraving store withing an easy drive (say up to 100 miles, that covers quite an area, most of South East and Home Counties) of Woking Surrey?

Alan

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
HI. When I first had my Motorhome I stayed at the Malvern Motor Home Show for a few nights. It was good to be able to buy bits and try them and then go back for more - several times!! For me it was a good way to find out what I needed, obviously it would work at any of the shows. Mike

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Apart from the various shows,ther only site I know which is close to an accessory shop is the Camping Club site at Oxford. It is just behind Go Outdoors (formerly Touchwood sports)
whilst it stocks bits and pieces for a motorhome it is mainly the smaller items Awnings may be on display outsied,thats about the biggest thing they do.
Some dealers do have overnighting facilities,but I don't know if it goes as far as being available for speculative purchasers.
when we got our first van in 1981 we took our camping equipment with us and went away for a w/e and then discovered what we needed. The first thing we bought was an awning to mark our pitch and to cook and eat in.

Upvote 0

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
many motorhome /caravan dealers have their own free overnight facilities for customers , I have stayed on them myself , grey/black emptying, water , electricity

what not try a few phone calls ..should suit you well

johns cross is a member here , why not start with them ? well within your range I think

Upvote 0

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Hi

Can only second ref Johns cross we are at a site 10 miles away (Kloofs Caravan Park) Whydown, Bexhill on Sea. which is very handy as I seem to have spent most of last week backward and forward buying bits and bobs:ROFLMAO:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

davvidof

Free Member
May 24, 2010
Felixstowe
Funster No
MH
None - Sold It!
Exp
2 Months
Ask Peter from John Cross if theres a place near him to stay he is a member on here
http://www.johnscross.co.uk//

Good call with this, we called in there a couple of weeks ago, bought a few bits and although they were busy someone took the time to show us how to adjust our Fiamma cassette awning. Top guy.::bigsmile:

We camped here:

Link Removed

Right beside the Tenterden Steam Railway, very friendly site too. Around 9 miles from Johns Cross.

regards

Dave

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi

So my question is, ( because I don't know ), is there a well stocked, well priced, with easy parking, camping and caraving store withing an easy drive (say up to 100 miles, that covers quite an area, most of South East and Home Counties) of Woking Surrey?

Alan

Hi Alan,

There ia a large public car park to the side of us, plenty of room to park up in but watch out for the speed cameras on the A21 just by us 30mph.

Dont shout Funsters discount at the till, say it quietly! oh and by the way you will see the FUN Flags flying on the forcourt:thumb:

Peter

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back