LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I am fitting a solar panel to my van and wanted to go through the current electic block thus making me able to see how much power was going to the batteries via the charging system..

I located my electric block here and this is the one. (in german though :cry:) still managed a translation and there is quite clearly a plug in for what it calls solar Regulator. Why can I not just plug my Solar panel in to it?

is it just too simple to do this.

Regards/

Link Removed

I also found this which suggests it takes solar panels up to 220w Or am I dreaming/
EBL 208S, 208S Electric Block EBL 207-2 IT without display panel. A latest findings produced by a compact and universal power block for the 12 V system in the motorhome. An integrated charger 18 A (switching power supply), for gel batteries, provides for the charging of the battery housing or for power supply for recharging of the starter battery. The battery switch switches at low voltage of 12 V loads from the battery housing. Anschlussmöglichkeitenfür a solar controller are present (LR or LRS 1214 1214 for solar modules to 220 W). Secured outputs for 12 V distributed partly via relays. Incl. Batt. release relay, 12 V main relay switch - bistable, Batt.-breaker for shutting down the rest flows from the retirement of the vehicle.
Dimensions (HxWxD): 130 x 275 x 170 mm, weight: 1.8 kg

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hey Paul getting scary with you getting teckie:Doh:

Remember the garden you did:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
ill have a look for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:
diy is my forte honest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Paul,

Check out this document

Link Removed

It seems to indicate to me that you can buy their solar regulator (and optional display module) and connect the reg to your electroblock.

Don't know if you can use any other regulator for definate but I'd be suprised if you can't.

BUT...

You do NEED a regulator between your electroblock and your panel.

HTH ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Bryan

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Suggest you Google Schaudt LRS1214 and you'll find a good number of hits about connecting to the various versions of the Schaudt Electrobloc.

There is no regulator contained in the Electrobloc as standard, but it is set up to take Schaudt's own.

You will need a regulator with a panel anything over 10-15w output, and the Schaudt version (though more expensive than many others) will at least give you peace of mind on proper connection (it isn't clear whether a different regulator would work well)

Some info here:

http://www.aireandsun.co.uk/index.php?item=73&ret=aireandsun.co.uk/index.php?page=2&all=yes

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I located my electric block here and this is the one. (in german though :cry:)

If you email Schaudt they will give you an English manual link - well they did for me by return, top service.

I have 2 older circuits - both have a direct connection from the solar panel to the main charging bus, so it will need an external regulator.

Get your circuit then we can see if you need to buy Schaudt or get by with a cheaper one.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I contacted Schaudt to see if I could connect my solar panel using my regulator so I could keep both engine & leisure batteries charged. The outcome seemed to be the engine battery would have priority & then any excess would charge the leisure battery :Doh: (not what I wanted)

If you contact them they are very helpful & quick to reply. :thumb:

pieterv

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
As has already been said you do need a regulator. It doesn't have to be a Schaudt though. I have a different make regulator connected to the Elektroblock, and that works fine.

Pieter

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
As has already been said you do need a regulator. It doesn't have to be a Schaudt though. I have a different make regulator connected to the Elektroblock, and that works fine.

Pieter

Thanks pieter

I have had this confirmed today by the very helpful Schauldt. Why British companies cant be this helpful I have no idea

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I contacted Schaudt to see if I could connect my solar panel using my regulator so I could keep both engine & leisure batteries charged. The outcome seemed to be the engine battery would have priority & then any excess would charge the leisure battery :Doh: (not what I wanted)

If you contact them they are very helpful & quick to reply. :thumb:

Cant you just swap the connections for each battery around??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back