Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
We are in a quandry. Having had a fantastic 15 nights in France with our baby running like a dream, making happy discoveries as we "wandered" around, we have come to the conclusion that our U-Shaped lounge, whilst spacious for the length of MH, is not our wish and a fixed bed model, probably slightly longer to accommodate a living area, would suit us better.

Simply put, we prefer making the area into a double bed, which eventually becomes a chore, for us, anyway.

Now the plan has always been to have our MH until we fully retire (in 4 1/2 years time) and then we should be able to afford a new or nearly new model as we have the time to increase our usage.

But we never know what the future holds, and the quandry is do we commit ourselves to a new or nearly new model now, whilst we have our health, but not perhaps sufficient time, or do we replace with a fixed bed equivalently priced and age model to our own, continuing with our plan?

There is not an answer to this, we know. The decision is ours and ours alone and there is no "right" answer.

But the experience of others opinions would be valued, nevertheless. Have you been in a similar position?

Steve

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve if it was me I would get what suits you best now :thumb:
4 / 5 yrs is a long time :thumb:
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
why not replace it now and save 4 1/2 years of backache making the bed
plus loads of low milage bargains to be had at this stage of the recession.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Hi Steve,you are in exactly the same position as we were two years ago.we were going to wait and buy our RV when I retire in 20 months time but there was a bit of a health scare for me then my wife would come home from work with tales of work collegues who had developed serious illnesses so in a nut shell if you are able to swap your motorhome for one more suitable then do it.
We have never once regretted spending all our money on what has become our pride and joy.
Roll on retirement !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,John P:thumb:

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
To change or not to change ?

Steve,
I have been motorhoming for just one year now, bought a Pilote with a rear fixed bed as that was one of our boxes that had to be ticked:Smile:
We have friends who bought at the same time as us with a U shaped longe, both the wife and I love the U shape lounge for lounging arround and entertaining with great views.::bigsmile:
But with our fixed bed you have the instant comfort, with the fitted extra foam topper, and no 3D jigsaw to do each night.:whatthe:
As to change out now, if you could put up with single beds each side then it takes away the problem, but no cuddles:Blush:
As to purchasing now, we have been looking arround and prices have risen and I have even been quoted a higher price to trade mine in!
That said price up for purchase and price up for trade in = no price rise to you.
As others have said 4.5 years is along time to be dissatisfied!

My 2.5%
Terry

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Our view was similar, although slightly reversed to you as we wanted a rear lounge in an "A class" and fully winterised. We have retired, even though there is still 2 years before it`s pension time, and we also thought that we don`t know what the future holds, so if we didn`t do it, we may never !!

End result...we changed a couple of months ago....and love it !!:thumb:...and can still manage until the pension comes through:thumb:...which was our major concern.

Geoff

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Why put up with something you don't really want, you may be able to change it for something of a simalar age without to much cost then when your time comes to retire you will have the time to get the motorhome you want. Good Luck.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We never regret going for the extra space and fixed bed. As we get older we like it to get easier . :Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well we have been in a similar position when we forgot that kids grow and we would need more space. I have the attitude of live for now so went for it. Try and look further forward and how you will cope in years to come. Now go for it!!!!!!!

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Do it now otherwise it will eat away at you for the next 4 plus years. If you decide its not after all what you want you can change back :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
With the majority here.. Just buried another woman I knew.. 61 years old and simply died.. did not have any illness .. just sat down and died :Sad:

Your a bloody long time dead, and as a wise man once said, there are no pockets in shrouds !

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
we have a bustner i have found one on ebay 170495040821 like we have me and the wife have not look back and its nice just to get into bed and if we need to there is a bed each end its nice to have room and they cost the same to run and put on a site they are winterisd so nice and worm in the winter if it turns cold must be geting old

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
We are in a quandry. Having had a fantastic 15 nights in France with our baby running like a dream, making happy discoveries as we "wandered" around, we have come to the conclusion that our U-Shaped lounge, whilst spacious for the length of MH, is not our wish and a fixed bed model, probably slightly longer to accommodate a living area, would suit us better.

Simply put, we prefer making the area into a double bed, which eventually becomes a chore, for us, anyway.

Now the plan has always been to have our MH until we fully retire (in 4 1/2 years time) and then we should be able to afford a new or nearly new model as we have the time to increase our usage.

But we never know what the future holds, and the quandry is do we commit ourselves to a new or nearly new model now, whilst we have our health, but not perhaps sufficient time, or do we replace with a fixed bed equivalently priced and age model to our own, continuing with our plan?

There is not an answer to this, we know. The decision is ours and ours alone and there is no "right" answer.

But the experience of others opinions would be valued, nevertheless. Have you been in a similar position?

Steve

Hi steve

Just an idea I have been reading a thread from Shell 181 who is wanting a rear lounge maybe you could contact her and see if you can help each other out. may be a bit of fate you posted around the same time...:Eeek::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back